Shopping

Ryan Vesler Opening HOMAGE Store in Short North

Melanie McIntyre Melanie McIntyre Ryan Vesler Opening HOMAGE Store in Short North

From TheMetropreneur.com:

HOMAGE Thriving, Opening Short North Store
By Melanie McIntyre on August 18, 2010

Chances are, if you have eyes and have been in Columbus during college football season, you’ve seen Ryan Vesler’s work firsthand. That “Script Ohio” T-shirt? He designed it. In fact, HOMAGE, the company Vesler founded in 2007, sells about a dozen vintage-looking Ohio State University T-shirts and many more that pay tribute, or “homage,” to various culturally significant moments, personalities, and places.

We recently sat down with Vesler −a 27-year-old Columbus native and Ohio University graduate− to discuss the store he’s opening in just a couple weeks, the struggles he faced as a new business owner, and the perk that comes with being boss (though it can be a drawback, too).

[Read More]

10 Responses to Ryan Vesler Opening HOMAGE Store in Short North

1. Mike Brown
    Mike Brown August 18, 2010 9:53 am at 9:53 am

Great job Ryan!  Looking forward to checking out the shop in a few weeks.

2. VicVillage Guy
    VicVillage Guy August 18, 2010 10:23 am at 10:23 am

Is this where Tigertree was located?

Walker August 18, 2010 10:39 am at 10:39 am

VicVillage Guy Says: Is this where Tigertree was located?

Yep. In Brickel between the SNT and Tasi.

4. JonMyers August 18, 2010 11:14 am at 11:14 am

♥ that d00d.

5. Realist August 18, 2010 12:28 pm at 12:28 pm

Very happy to hear this.  I love Ryan’s products.  I do have some concern that selling t-shirts will not cover the rent.

6. cbustransit August 18, 2010 12:45 pm at 12:45 pm

wow…i just looked at these shirts on the website…this place looks like it is going to be sweet!  the shirts are awesome…and great choice on music!  i am pumped and going to spend mucho dollars here when the store opens :) I was sad tho that a lot of other cities got their own category but while there are a lot of columbus tees…they are based mostly around our sports teams. No cbus category?

7. HCM in HW
    HCM in HW August 18, 2010 4:32 pm at 4:32 pm

VicVillage Guy Says: Is this where Tigertree was located?

Maybe taking a moment to read the article could answer your question.

Ryan, your HOMAGE shirts are the most comfortbale shirts out there.  As you mentioned, they remind me of a washed thirft store shirt from the 70s or 80s.  Great work.  Long sleeves would be a great addition to your collection if you haven’t already started that trend.

8. Elizabeth Lessner
    lizless August 18, 2010 5:08 pm at 5:08 pm

My favorite is his Block’s Bagels t-shirts. So much old school Columbus, Ohio pride in that one.

9. BradyKonya August 25, 2010 8:37 am at 8:37 am

So glad to have Homage as a neighbor in the Short North — very cool to se the shop being set up!

10. enigmama
    enigmama August 25, 2010 2:32 pm at 2:32 pm

I just had to write and say how in love I am with my Homage Pelotonia  t-shirt- I think it’s the coolest t-shirt I’ve ever owned! I will defintely be in to check out the other products.

shopping categories