Rockmill Brewery Opens in Lancaster on Saturday

Walker Evans Walker Evans

The microbrewing scene continues to expand in Central Ohio as Rockmill Brewery opens up this weekend and joins the mix. Located on an 11-acre family-owned farm in Lancaster, Rockmill will feature four Belgian style ales: Tripel, Dubbel, Saison and Witbier, all in wine-bottle sizes. Brewmaster Matthew Barbee is producing the beers using a spring located on the property, and all ales are certified as organic. Their beers will be carried at Whole Foods, Shaw’s Restaurant and Inn in Lancaster, and other locations throughout Columbus.

Their grand opening celebration takes place at their facilities at 5705 Lithopolis Road in Lancaster on Saturday, September 18th at 7pm. The event will include beer tastings, food provided by Shaw’s Restaurant and local art.

More information coming soon at RockmillBrewery.com.

9 Responses to Rockmill Brewery Opens in Lancaster on Saturday

1. berry
    berry September 15, 2010 2:22 pm at 2:22 pm

Excellent! I’ll be visiting my family in Hocking Hills this weekend anyway, so this is perfect!

2. lisathewaitress
    lisathewaitress September 15, 2010 2:24 pm at 2:24 pm

great news!!!

3. Stacky September 15, 2010 3:28 pm at 3:28 pm

They have my attention.

4. schtengel
    schtengel September 15, 2010 8:14 pm at 8:14 pm

Yes Columbus! So happy! Any word on a dress/door price?

5. RoJoNo
    RoJoNo September 17, 2010 11:18 am at 11:18 am

I’ll be on the lookout for this in the stores. I bike by the brewery quite often from Canal Winchester, twice in the last two weeks.

6. dsigner September 17, 2010 8:56 pm at 8:56 pm

Oh man, I wish they actually had a working website. I’m totally curious to find out more info but can’t make the opening. Get that website up! Oh and get your brews to Dirty Franks who does a great job supporting local music (and I think some local beer)… I’m there every weekend!

7. HouseWine September 24, 2010 4:05 pm at 4:05 pm

We’ll carry Rockmill at the beginning of the week. Only their Witbier and Saison will be available starting out and then we hope to get more.  Matthew Barbee has a great story, just like the beer.  He’ll be pouring at House Wine for our local tasting for Local Foods Week on Thursday, October 7th.

Walker November 22, 2010 10:14 am at 10:14 am

Rockmill Brewery: An Introduction
    Posted by cmh gourmand on November 21, 2010

In my original plan, Rockmill Brewery was going to be a thirty minute detour on my way to a big day of bliss in Hocking county. Over three hours into my tour of the Rockmill Farm with all it has to offer, I realized that yet again that what I think and what happens are two different things.

Rockmill Brewery debuted in September of this year after over two years of meticulous work, planning and lots of brewing. What little I knew was exciting. The beer is brewed using water from a natural spring on the property, the beers are certified organic and brewed in the spirit of Belgian beers from the Wallonia region of Belgium. Again – pretty cool. I figured a quick tour, a few samples and off to Athens. Wrong.

READ MORE: http://cmhgourmand.com/2010/11/21/rockmill-brewery-an-introduction/

9. Anne Evans
    Anne October 14, 2011 10:44 am at 10:44 am

They launched a new beer that is available at Shaw’s:

Via Shaw’s Facebook page:

Rockmill Brewery Cask Aged Tripel Just Released !! We are the absolute first in the area to sell it. Tripel golden ale aged in an Middle West Spirits whiskey barrel. We have a very limited supply. Come in & experience the latest from Lancaster’s very own world class brewery. $21.99 Retail.