Shopping

Pottery Barn Kids is Closing at Easton Town Center

Walker Evans Walker Evans

Image from EastonTownCenter.com

Pottery Barn Kids announced this morning that they will be closing their Easton Town Center location as of January 17th. “The team at our nearby Polaris Fashion Place store is ready to serve your family’s needs in the future,” said General Manager Amanda Rausch in an email release. No other reason was immediately given as to why the location was closing.

11 Responses to Pottery Barn Kids is Closing at Easton Town Center

1. Tenzo December 29, 2009 9:32 am at 9:32 am

Why does this sound like an onion article?

2. Anne Evans
    Anne December 29, 2009 9:39 am at 9:39 am

Not that I bought a lot of things in that store, but it was fun to go in. And it seemed like one of the ‘anchors’ of the kid-end of Easton. Bummer to see it closing.

Walker December 29, 2009 9:54 am at 9:54 am

Tenzo Says: Why does this sound like an onion article?

Does it? The onion is usually pretty funny, and that sentence seemed pretty straight forward to me.

4. Urbanboi
    Urbanboi December 29, 2009 11:18 am at 11:18 am

Im sure Easton has a waiting list of stores to go in…Lets see Diesel or G-Star!!

5. jpunkster December 29, 2009 3:33 pm at 3:33 pm

+1 for Diesel but it would be nice to have a big H&M w/men’s clothing

6. Urbanboi
    Urbanboi December 29, 2009 4:05 pm at 4:05 pm

YES!! OR ZARA!!

7. JaredThompson December 30, 2009 12:41 am at 12:41 am

I read that Ruehl was closing too, nationwide.

8. ScooterMKE December 30, 2009 8:16 am at 8:16 am

And yes, Ruehl is closing up across the country.  That’s going to leave some spaces open at Easton. I am sure they already have stores waiting to fill those spots though.

9. columbusguy20 December 30, 2009 10:49 am at 10:49 am

Hmmm…who shall open next? Like others have said, a Diesel or Zara or G-Star would be nice. It would certainly be a nice change from all the AE, A&F, and Ruehl clones already out there.

“Closing the Pottery Barn Kids location here in Milwaukee too.  I guess kids really don’t want their own apothecary table or ornamental birdcage (large) in their bedroom.”
    -Really? I’m shocked! As a 7 year old, that’s all I could think about and that’s what I asked mother and father for every Christmas, in addition to a Louis XVI canape and Flemish tapestries. ;)

10. japoling January 8, 2010 11:25 pm at 11:25 pm

I enjoyed shopping there with and for my kids.  A clerk at the store told me that they were closing because the rent at Easton as compared to Polaris is much higher despite the fact that the Easton store outperfomed the Polaris store in sales.  I would love to see a “Land of Nod” go in there in give Pottery Barn Kids some competition in this market.  It would be an ideal fit in my opinion.

11. Anne Evans
    Anne January 14, 2010 2:48 pm at 2:48 pm

I guess they will be liquidating some of their inventory. I got this in an email:
    The Pottery Barn Kids store at Easton Town
    Center will be closing permanently on Sunday,
    January 17th. Since you have been a loyal
    customer, we’d like to invite you to come to our
    liquidation sale and enjoy SAVINGS OF UP
    TO 60% on select merchandise.

shopping categories