OSU Forms Arts Committee to Better Connect with Short North and Downtown Columbus
The Ohio State University College of Arts and Sciences announced on Friday that it would be forming a Town and Gown Advisory Committee for the Arts with the intention on making better connections between arts facilities on campus with arts facilities in surrounding Columbus neighborhoods and communities.
“The committee will serve as a forum for collaboration between arts leaders in the city and at the university on mutually relevant issues and shared opportunities,” said Steinmetz, executive dean and vice provost at OSU’s College of Arts and Sciences. “It will enhance relationships between the university, City of Columbus, Columbus businesses and arts organizations, and local residents and will seek opportunities for cooperation, partnerships and educational exchanges.”
The 24-person committee will meet twice per year to focus on issues including campus expansion plans and collaborations between arts organizations. OSU is planning multiple facility upgrades at a new highly visible “Arts District” location at the intersection of 15th Avenue and High Street.
“We are developing new ways to integrate the arts throughout this major research university, and are striving to make the arts — on campus and in Downtown Columbus — a significant part of every student’s experience while they are a Buckeye,” said Steinmetz.
The Town and Gown Advisory Committee for the Arts includes the following members:
- Joseph E. Steinmetz, Ohio State College of Arts and Sciences
- George Acock, Acock Associates Architects
- Steven Anderson, CATCO
- Milt Baughman, Greater Columbus Arts Council
- Richard Blatti, Ohio State College of Arts and Sciences, School of Music
- Jack Jackson, Wexner Center for the Arts
- Melinda Church, Ohio State University Communications
- Sally Crane, The Crane Group
- Donna Collins, Ohio Citizens for the Arts
- Jevon Collins, King Arts Complex
- Bill Conner, CAPA
- Mary Gray, Riffe Gallery
- Daniel Gray, Ohio State College of Arts and Sciences, Department of Theatre
- Marilyn Harris, Columbus Symphony Orchestra
- Julie Henahan, Ohio Arts Council
- Linda S. Kass, Ohio State Board of Trustees
- Martin Inglis, Battelle Memorial Institute
- Wayne Lawson, Ohio State College of Arts and Sciences, Department of Arts Administration, Education and Policy
- Nannette Maciejunes, Columbus Museum of Art
- Jennifer McNally, McNally Midwest LLC
- Mark Shanda, Ohio State College of Arts and Sciences, Arts and Humanities
- Sergio Soave, Ohio State College of Arts and Sciences, Department of Art
- Valarie Williams, Ohio State College of Arts and Sciences, Arts and Humanities
- Guy Worley, Columbus Downtown Development Corporation
More information about The OSU College of Arts and Sciences can be found online at artsandsciences.osu.edu.