Features

April Fools: Middle West Announces Sour Watermelon Oyo

Walker Evans Walker Evans April Fools: Middle West Announces Sour Watermelon Oyo

Local microdistillery Middle West Spirits announced today the newest flavor in their product lineup: Sour Watermelon Oyo Vodka. The new flavor is the fourth that the company has rolled out in the past year, following their traditional Vodka, Honey Vanilla Bean Vodka, and Whiskey.

“We’ve received a lot of great feedback on our previous products and feel that Sour Watermelon will be an excellent addition to the lineup,” said Middle West co-owner Brady Konya.

After extensive market research on Central Ohio drinkers, Middle West determined that the flavor profile most in demand was a mix of sweet and sour, with a bold splash of fruit juice.

This announcement marks a new direction for Middle West, who anticipate rolling out additional flavors over the course of the next six months.

“By this fall, we plan on having at least a dozen other flavors available,” said co-founder Ryan Lang. “Including Blueberry, Sour Apple, Pomegranate, Bubblegum, Strawberries & Cream, Dark Chocolate, Cookie Dough, Pumpkin-Banana and Skittles.”

Production on the new spirit is already under way, and Sour Watermelon Oyo is expected to be on the shelves at all campus area bars and liquor stores soon.

6 Responses to April Fools: Middle West Announces Sour Watermelon Oyo

1. Twixlen April 1, 2011 12:09 pm at 12:09 pm

Ok. This is my fav’rit. Well done.

ETA: SKITTLES FTW

2. catnfiddle April 1, 2011 12:39 pm at 12:39 pm

3. Elizabeth Lessner
    lizless April 1, 2011 12:41 pm at 12:41 pm

SKITTLES!

Walker April 1, 2011 12:55 pm at 12:55 pm

catnfiddle Says: I was so horrified at first, I had to grab Rockmastermike and beg him to assure me this one was a joke.  The reason I detest this time of year is my high gullibility factor.

As soon as we posted this, I emailed Brady & Ryan in advance, just in case they got a few phone calls or emails today. ;)

Walker April 1, 2011 12:56 pm at 12:56 pm

PS: If anyone really is in the mood for Skittles Vodka: http://mixthatdrink.com/skittles-vodka-tutorial/

I’ve always wanted to try making it, but never gotten around to it. ;)

6. CatariFuriosa April 1, 2011 1:06 pm at 1:06 pm

Is anyone ever not in the mood for Skittles vodka???

features categories