Liz Lessner Takes Charge In Columbus

The Wayfarer The Wayfarer

LifeEpicurean.com wrote Grabbing The Bull By The Horns: Liz Lessner Takes Charge In Columbus

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

BY CHRIS SPINATO

Just don’t say it to Liz Lessner.

“I’m kind of looking around, and I’m seeing peers, and there has been a renaissance, from web stuff, to music, to arts. There’s just great, great things happening, and it’s really accessible. It’s greased by the city, and the city’s really helping us. We have great advocates, both on a civic level, and a small scale level. It’s just a breeding ground.” Lessner said.

10 Responses to Liz Lessner Takes Charge In Columbus

1. JimSweeney
    JimSweeney November 12, 2008 5:59 am at 5:59 am

you go girl!

2. columbus native November 12, 2008 7:51 am at 7:51 am

I think everytime I see an article about Liz that she deservse it and another one and another one. The woman just doesn’t stop and always finds the “right ” way to get involved. She has made a great contribution towards the promotion and execution of the C Note Art Show and I couldn’t thank her enough for being involved in the little things that happen as well as making really big things possible. kudos, props, and major thanks to Liz.

3. daniel
    daniel November 12, 2008 8:40 am at 8:40 am

“I throw out examples like Walker Evans. . .”

I too throw out Walker Evans. He just doesn’t keep very well.

:mrgreen:

4. catnfiddle November 12, 2008 9:31 am at 9:31 am

Liz is absolutely one of my favorite people in this city, and not just because I’m now suddenly craving Tip Top tilapia at 9:30am. She’s a lovely person with her ear to the ground so she can hear what’s rumbling around town.

At the moment, that would be my stomach.

5. AmyD
    AmyD November 12, 2008 11:08 am at 11:08 am

i love liz. she’s everyone’s best friend. always ready to help out. ah *sigh*

6. Bear
    Bear November 12, 2008 11:14 am at 11:14 am

One of the things I really like about this town is that there are a fair number of smart, energetic people who work hard to make it an even better place to live, and other people recognize that fact and appreciate them for what they do. Liz is a great example of that. She’s got plenty to do with three businesses and a fourth in the works, but she also does about a million other things as well that are totally voluntary but really helpful, like the CORA Foundation, to pick just one. Really inspiring.

7. Cyclist November 12, 2008 11:28 am at 11:28 am

Yeah Liz!

Liz has excellent places that I go to more than any other establishment.

Is there some style manual out there that says that one must always start an article or essay on Columbus with something like this…

“Many could say that, while the face of Columbus is changing, it is still a Plain Jane type of town, where grey flannel skies, and Midwestern sturdiness comes to mingle in as typical a way as possible. Many could say that the culture of Columbus is Ohio State Football, Blue Jackets hockey, and bar hopping in the Arena District. Many could even say that Columbus is just a boring town, with not much going for it.”

Blue Jackets Hockey? Come ‘on! I have never got these feelings ever. At least its better than Forbes!

:lol:

8. Cyclist November 12, 2008 12:29 pm at 12:29 pm

daniel wrote
    “I throw out examples like Walker Evans. . .”

I too throw out Walker Evans. He just doesn’t keep very well.

:mrgreen:

+1 Maybe if we used air tight packaging.

9. Mike Brown
    michaels14 November 12, 2008 2:13 pm at 2:13 pm

I can’t say enough about how great it is to have folks like Liz (and the extended family from all the restaurants) brightening up Columbus. More power to people who take action and get things done!

Now, about my Chicago-styled Hot Dog and Italian Beefs… I can’t wait! Have we considered doing “scooter delivery” from Dirty Franks when it opens?

10. laChewla
    laChewla November 12, 2008 2:16 pm at 2:16 pm

Cyclist wrote
    daniel wrote
    “I throw out examples like Walker Evans. . .”

I too throw out Walker Evans. He just doesn’t keep very well.

:mrgreen:

+1 Maybe if we used air tight packaging.

What about Rockmaster’s vacuum sealer!?!?

michaels14 wrote ow, about my Chicago-styled Hot Dog and Italian Beefs… I can’t wait! Have we considered doing “scooter delivery” from Dirty Franks when it opens?

Maybe we can strike a deal between my two employers and have Dirty Franks purchase scooters from Kickstart. God – it would be beautiful.

Liz continues to kick ass and take names – all while being the nicest lady on the block. You are a true role model LL!