If you have kids, keeping them busy during the summer while keeping their mind engaged is important. Of course, lots of good time spent playing outside is a given, but we also put together a list of classes and workshops to help your child grow. This list will not be broken into ages, so please contact the group for more information. Of course, the usual kid places have plenty of offerings for the summer – COSI, the Columbus Museum of Art, the Summer Reading Club at the Columbus Libraries, Art Classes at CCAD, Lots of Camps happening with or through OSU, Family Fun at the Franklin Park Conservatory, Summer classes at BalletMet and programming at The Wexner Center. But there are many more events happening at other spots around the city.
- The Thurber House is having Writing Programs.
- European Papers is having a Paper Making Class, as well as other classes.
- The Cultural Arts Center has classes during the summer.
- ClaySpace in the Brewery District offers a summer workshop.
- Glass Axis offers classes.
- The Jazz Academy at The Lincoln Theatre has a summer full of programs.
- The Columbus Children’s Theatre is having summer classes.
- Swimming Lessons at the Columbus Pools.
- Columbus Crew has a Summer Crew Camp.
- Plenty of programs at the Zoo.
Have a great summer!