Want to work for us?
Want to work for us? ColumbusUnderground.com is a rapidly growing company headquartered in Downtown Columbus and we're looking for fun, creative, hard working and entrepreneurial-minded locals to join our team!
Below are currently open positions. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or inquiries you have. We look forward to hearing from you!
Account Executive - Full-Time
Evans Creative Group is looking for a digital advertising Account Executive to join the team at Columbus Underground and The Metropreneur. The account executive will be responsible for the entire advertising sales cycle from prospecting to lead generation to consultation, close, and then account management.
We’re looking for someone who is consultative, empathetic, and client-focused but also goal-driven and hungry for success. The account executive will be expected to hit monthly sales goals while effectively growing and managing his/her pipeline. If you care about the success of your clients and want to be a driving force behind the growth of Columbus’ independent, online news platforms, let’s talk.
What it takes to be successful
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1+ years of B2B sales experience
- Capable of successfully executing all aspects of the sales process
- Ability to work independently while also being a positive team player
- Self-motivated w/ excellent organization and time-management skills
- Superb oral and written communications skills
- Proficient in presentation and persuasion
- Excellent client service and problem-solving skills
- Previous experience selling advertising, sponsorship and/or marketing services to small and medium businesses
- Affinity for Columbus and a passion for the businesses who call it home
- Enthusiasm for digital marketing and online advertising
- Experience w/ DoubleClick for Publishers, Google Analytics, CRM platform like Salesforce
- Entrepreneurial spirit who can adapt nimbly to change and growth
- Can do attitude with flexibility to work outside defined scope of work
- Detailed oriented and coachable
This is a salary plus commission position. Some of the benefits offered to our employees include paid time off, health insurance and 6 holidays each year.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Columbus, OH
Required education: Bachelor's
Required experience: Business to Business Sales: 1 year
Please send cover letter and resume with references to email@example.com.
Internships - Journalism / Photography
ColumbusUnderground.com is currently seeking eligible interns for Fall and Winter sessions. Internships are customizable part-time positions in the realm of journalism and photography. Ideal candidates will have existing writing, editing and photography experience. This internship includes a mix of on-site work in our Downtown offices and off-site work that can be completed on your own schedule, though interns are expected to be highly responsive to text/email communications throughout internship term.
We are currently looking for interns to focus on the following topical areas:
- Arts & Entertainment
- Civics & Politics
- Neighborhood Issues
- Retail, Fashion and Shopping
- Current Events and Special Features
Please send application with resume and writing/photography samples or online portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.