Contests

German Village Photo Hunt

Kyle Schriner Kyle Schriner

The first official Photo Hunt of 2009 is under way, and this time there’s some new incentive behind it! The first person to successfully name all 15 photo locations accurately will win a $50 Gift Card to G. Michael’s in German Village!

Click here to take a look at the photos, and post your guesses in the comment section below. We’ll post some updates on which answers are right and which are wrong, so pay close attention if someone has already gotten a few of them named correctly. Good luck!

The previous Photo Hunts can be found here:
- Short North Photo Hunt
- Victorian Village Photo Hunt

The German Village Photo Hunt Photos:

10.

11.

12.

13.

14.

15.

29 Responses to German Village Photo Hunt

1. ImSecretlyJeffHorner January 9, 2009 12:30 pm at 12:30 pm

I can’t wait ’til Ol’ Jimmy Sweeney takes me around the pubs and haberdasheries looking for clues. Maybe we can wear those Sherlock hats?

2. blammo
    blammo January 9, 2009 12:41 pm at 12:41 pm

I’ve played some drunk-ass dart matches at ol’ #3! Kinda miss ol GV.

Walker January 9, 2009 12:45 pm at 12:45 pm

I’m not eligble for the sweet prize, but I *think* I’ve got 7 out of these 15 photos.

I’m a bit embarrassed since I lived in/around GV for like 5 years.

4. Columbusite January 9, 2009 1:17 pm at 1:17 pm

I got a handful. Beautiful shots.

5. HeySquare
    HeySquare January 9, 2009 2:15 pm at 2:15 pm

I have 8 for sure, and 2 more that I *know* I’ve seen, but don’t know exactly where they are. Anone with a line on 2, 3, 4 and 7? I’ll split prizes :)

6. Kyle Schriner
    Kbear919 January 9, 2009 2:23 pm at 2:23 pm

HeySquare…you do know #15 and #13?

If you do, I’m impressed….

7. HeySquare
    HeySquare January 9, 2009 2:39 pm at 2:39 pm

I’m pretty sure I’ve got 15 (although I’ve never actually been inside).

13 is KILLING me. I know I’ve seen that hitching post like a million times, but I can’t remember exactly where it is. That is one of the ones I have to check on! (I’m a nerd for street furniture.)

8. Kyle Schriner
    Kbear919 January 9, 2009 2:43 pm at 2:43 pm

I love how your speaking in code, as to not tip anyone off…. :)

9. Coremodels
    Coremodels January 9, 2009 2:45 pm at 2:45 pm

Same on 13, I guarantee I’ve seen it tons of times, can picture it, but can’t figure out exactly where the hell it is.

10. Rocknrolloutlaws January 9, 2009 2:58 pm at 2:58 pm

The thing about 13, is I think there might be multiple ones that are similar, if not identical. I think. I could be totally wrong. Because I think I know where it is, but the background doesn’t seem right.

11. HeySquare
    HeySquare January 9, 2009 2:59 pm at 2:59 pm

Bingo…I found 13

12. HeySquare
    HeySquare January 9, 2009 3:11 pm at 3:11 pm

Rocknroll… I think you are right… I think there might be one or two more.

13. HeySquare
    HeySquare January 9, 2009 3:38 pm at 3:38 pm

OK… I’m going for it:
    1 the sign on the backside of Jurgens.
    2 Laundromat next to Hausfrau
    3 Sycamore Cafe
    4 Max and Irma’s
    5 Sundial at Frank Fetch Park
    6 Light fixtures on Olde Mohawk
    7 G. Michaels vestibule
    8 Bierburg Cookie Bakery on Fifth
    9 Schmidt’s
    10 Umbrella girl in Schiller
    11 Hausfrau Haven
    12 Art studio on Columbus
    13 Hitching post… On City Park just north of the school
    14 Quilting store on City Park south of Roosters (clearly 911 City Park)
    15 I think the Natural Supplement store on Mohawk south of Livingston

14. Kyle Schriner
    Kbear919 January 9, 2009 3:50 pm at 3:50 pm

so so so so so so so close….but no cigar….

15. HeySquare
    HeySquare January 9, 2009 3:58 pm at 3:58 pm

Ok… 7 is Beck Tavern

16. HeySquare
    HeySquare January 9, 2009 3:58 pm at 3:58 pm

Sorry… make that #3 is Beck Tavern

17. Mez
    Mez January 9, 2009 6:37 pm at 6:37 pm

I would concur…I think he got them all….at least those are my guesses also.

18. HeySquare
    HeySquare January 9, 2009 9:51 pm at 9:51 pm

Cause I’m a nerd… I did find another horsehead hitching post on Mohawk Street tonight… west side of the street near Frankfort. So there are a few others out there. But the one in the pic is the one on City Park, cause I recognize the red metal roof of the house at the corner of Reinhard and Third in the background.

Walker January 9, 2009 10:06 pm at 10:06 pm

I think you’re wrong on #5. ;)

20. Rocknrolloutlaws January 11, 2009 10:35 am at 10:35 am

There’s also another horsehead on Sycamore as you head towards Shumacher Place. But it doesn’t have a brass ring.

The one on Mohwak was the one I was originally thinking of when I said I thought there were multiple ones.

21. HeySquare
    HeySquare January 12, 2009 9:32 am at 9:32 am

I’m wrong on #5 as well… it’s a birdbath, not a sundial in Frank Fetch park. I have to admit, I’m stumped on the sundial. I thought maybe it was at the Bookloft, but I walked over there last night, and there was no sundial.

22. shakespeare January 12, 2009 10:44 pm at 10:44 pm

23. HeySquare
    HeySquare January 12, 2009 11:02 pm at 11:02 pm

#5 the sundial is in the courtyard at Lindey’s

24. HeySquare
    HeySquare January 12, 2009 11:07 pm at 11:07 pm

OK, I think this is it.
    1 the sign on the backside of Jurgens.
    2 Laundromat next to Hausfrau
    3 Beck Tavern dartboard
    4 Figurehead at Max and Irma’s
    5 Sundial in the courtyard at Lindey’s
    6 Light fixtures on Olde Mohawk
    7 G. Michaels vestibule
    8 Bierburg Cookie Bakery on Fifth
    9 Antique phone at Schmidt’s
    10 Umbrella girl in Schiller
    11 Hausfrau Haven
    12 Art studio on Columbus
    13 Hitching post… On City Park just north of the school
    14 Quilting store on City Park south of Roosters (clearly 911 City Park)
    15 Natural Supplement store on Mohawk south of Livingston

25. Kyle Schriner
    Kbear919 January 13, 2009 11:44 pm at 11:44 pm

I am impressed HeySquare…You know your village….

To be honest with you the sundial was taken at the book loft along the left side of the steps leading up to it…

You said you looked there but didn’t find it… I wonder if it was an oversight or if they may have moved it..maybe worth checking…

I “knight” you sir, German Village..winner of giftcards

Now the next question is….how will you fair in other neighborhoods?

26. HeySquare
    HeySquare January 14, 2009 12:27 am at 12:27 am

I did look at the Book Loft… crap. I’m wondering if maybe it was covered by snow. I almost impaled myself on the fence at Lindey’s for nothing!

I’ll suck at the other neighborhoods… I don’t walk my dog there! :) It’s amazing how much you notice when you are on foot in the neighborhood. I think I owe a couple of people drinks at G. Michael’s on the gift certificate, since I did have some help from a few additional sources!

27. Kyle Schriner
    Kbear919 January 14, 2009 5:21 pm at 5:21 pm

I’d love to lift a few with you..

28. chrisgillespie
    chrisgillespie January 14, 2009 6:23 pm at 6:23 pm

Well, I know you’ve occasionally walked your dog in other neighborhoods, heysquare ;) Unfortunately, they’ve already done VV, and before I was even CUing…

I know next to nothing about German Village, since I’ve only been there to go to restaurants a few times. I didn’t know any of these. I’d probably excel mostly at Marion, where elderly family members live or have been in nursing homes… (I really need the eye roll emoticon here)…

I’ll have to walk Harley there sometime to learn more about GV. She’d love to meet your sweet pup.

Hope you’re going to the jazz club next Wed…

contests categories