Gateway Film Center Announces New Restaurant Concept

Walker Evans Walker Evans Gateway Film Center Announces New Restaurant Concept

The Gateway Film Center announced yesterday evening that they will be partnering with local restauranteur Elizabeth Lessner to relaunch their in-house restaurant and bar offerings. Few details have been made available about the new concept, but it is said to have an atmosphere similar to other Columbus Food League restaurants.

“Liz is an expert in creating unique restaurant concepts that quickly become Columbus favorites,” said Chris Hamel, President of the Gateway Film Center. “This is the perfect marriage between two local businesses. Patrons will be able to enjoy the best of Columbus’ restaurant scene before, during, or after watching a diverse selection of commercial and independent film.”

The new restaurant concept is planned for a July 1st opening.

For more information, visit www.gatewayfilmcenter.com.

Photo via Gateway Film Center.

7 Responses to Gateway Film Center Announces New Restaurant Concept

1. hdtvohio May 25, 2013 7:33 pm at 7:33 pm

Under normal circumstances this sounds pretty cool. But after the Arena Grand was just taken away from Columbus, I hate the idea of the last good “First Run” movie theatre in Columbus changing in any way shape or form.

I know this is just modifying a pre-existing cafe, but it worries me that in ten years I won’t be able to go to a movie theatre without having a menu in front of me.

I will say that if there’s anybody to do this, I approve of the Columbus Food League folks.

Still though, did they have to announce it while I’m recovering from the Arena Grand news.

2. Nicholas Herum
    Nicholas Herum May 25, 2013 7:34 pm at 7:34 pm

I wonder if this will take over the 2nd floor area that mostly goes unused.

3. RhondaH May 25, 2013 7:41 pm at 7:41 pm

I think this is just a menu and other updates to the cafe but I agree that I would hate for the Gateway to make any major changes. I also worry about the long term status of the parking garage now that it is not run by OSU.

4. susank May 25, 2013 7:47 pm at 7:47 pm

I must be old fashioned but I am not a fan of these movie grills. They seem to take away from the movie experience. In those cases I would rather just rent a dvd and make something or have take out at home with my company.

5. Nicholas Herum
    Nicholas Herum May 25, 2013 8:03 pm at 8:03 pm

@Susank- From the information that the Gateway sent me it doesn’t sound like the food will be served in the auditoriums. It just sounds like there will be a restaurant in some underutilized space at the theater.

6. Wolf Starr
    Wolf Starr May 25, 2013 8:54 pm at 8:54 pm

Almost all of the details are still up in the air but I do know that the restaurant is in the outer lobby. The new concept is not including any in auditorium dining plans.

7. catnfiddle May 26, 2013 2:14 pm at 2:14 pm

Thanks for clearing that up, Wolf!