Our City Online

Messageboard - Film Events

WOSU Neighborhoods - Olde Towne East

Home Forums Events Film Events WOSU Neighborhoods – Olde Towne East

This topic contains 13 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by News News 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    News
    News
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM
    News
    News
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM
    Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Olde Towne East

Known for its beautiful, historic houses and vibrant community, Olde Towne East is the next neighborhood to be featured in the Emmy award-winning Columbus Neighborhood series, airing November 12 at 9pm on WOSU TV.

http://beta.wosu.org/columbus-neighborhoods/

howatzer
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Soundse Awesome! Can’te Waite!

News
    News
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Commentary – Old Town East – A Majestic Paradise
    November 12, 2012
    by Ed Lentz

By the early 1850’s, Columbus had been the capital city of the State of Ohio for about forty years. During that time the small village on the edge of the frontier had become first a town and then a city with the arrival of the Ohio and Erie Canal and the National Road.

READ MORE: http://wosu.org/2012/news/2012/11/12/commentary-old-town-east-a-majestic-paradise/

Analogue Kid
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

On now!

Alex Silbajoris
    Alex Silbajoris
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Watching it.

Interesting about Broad St., if you were really rich but not WASP you went to Bryden.

hugh59
    hugh59
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

alexs said:
    Watching it.

Interesting about Broad St., if you were really rich but not WASP you went to Bryden.

Interesting that Tifereth Israel was able to buy land and build a synogogue right in the heart of that prime spot on East Broad Street. Of course, there was the Bryden Road Temple (that later became Temple Israel and is now way out east on Broad Street).

Hearing about East Broad Street made me chuckle. I grew up in a house with an East Broad Street address (though east of Bexley).

Pablo
    Pablo
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

hugh59 said:
    Interesting that Tifereth Israel was able to buy land and build a synogogue right in the heart of that prime spot on East Broad Street. Of course, there was the Bryden Road Temple (that later became Temple Israel and is now way out east on Broad Street).

Hearing about East Broad Street made me chuckle. I grew up in a house with an East Broad Street address (though east of Bexley).

When my dad moved here in 1959 he rented a place across the street from the Bryden Road Temple. I think I have a painting of the temple somewhere (my dad was an artist and painted and sketched constantly).

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Looking forward to checking this out. Had only seen the Short North one, which was fascinating. It’s on the DVR but Sunday’s Boardwalk/Walking Dead/Homeland took priority.

hugh59
    hugh59
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Pablo said:
    When my dad moved here in 1959 he rented a place across the street from the Bryden Road Temple. I think I have a painting of the temple somewhere (my dad was an artist and painted and sketched constantly).

It is a shame that they tore it down. From the photos of it I have seen, it looked like a grand old building.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Snarf said:
    Looking forward to checking this out. Had only seen the Short North one, which was fascinating. It’s on the DVR but Sunday’s Boardwalk/Walking Dead/Homeland took priority.

You can find the full Downtown, King-Lincoln and German Village ones on Youtube, here:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL83D726BAE23A4DAB&feature=plcp

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

And here’s the OTE version!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KW7mq1dz5I

News
    News
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The forum ‘Film Events’ is closed to new topics and replies.