Our City Online

Messageboard - Miscellaneous Events

World's Biggest Potluck Buffet!

Home Forums Events Miscellaneous Events World’s Biggest Potluck Buffet!

This topic contains 40 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Elizabeth Lessner Elizabeth Lessner 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Elizabeth Lessner
    Elizabeth Lessner
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

WORLD’S BIGGEST POTLUCK BUFFET

On OCTOBER 12 (the real Columbus Day), this city will claim it’s rightful place as the nation’s comfort capital. We will host the BIGGEST potluck buffet in the entire universe.

You are invited to help put Columbus on the map and INTO THE GUINNESS BOOK OF WORLD RECORDS!

SUNDAY, OCTOBER 12

Maple Grove United Methodist Church (Clintonville – Corner of High And Henderson)

Registration at 4pm, Eating at 5pm

Bring a covered dish . . . or two. And your own table service.

(For those who can’t cook, $10 donations will be accepted)

Proceeds benefit CROP Hunger Walk & The United Methodist Church Benevolence Fund

brothermarcus
    brothermarcus
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Sweet, I can’t wake to bake up something for this!

Thought I’d steal some advice while I’m at it:

http://www.foodsafeschools.org/FSAG_CD/Resources/RI/Potluck_Meals_Food_Safety_Fact_Sheet.pdf

being safe is key for an event like this!

joev
    joev
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Aw, but the record would be stolen from those kindly Mennontites up in Holmes County!

enzo
    enzo
    Login to Send PM

brothermarcus wrote Sweet, I can’t wake to bake up something for this!

Thought I’d steal some advice while I’m at it:

http://www.foodsafeschools.org/FSAG_CD/Resources/RI/Potluck_Meals_Food_Safety_Fact_Sheet.pdf

being safe is key for an event like this!

Brother Marcus you are an impressive cook. I will never forget that dessert.

Luce Cannon Mims
    Luce Cannon Mims
    Login to Send PM

Good Afternoon-

The kindness of Liz L. and Jim E. has prompted me to move past “chronic lurker” status into “tentative poster” status.

Lordie, I hope this box has spell-check on it.

Anyway. Would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see CU here, en mass (hm, no spell-check flags there). Anybody . . . bring a bag of Doritos if you can’t cook. If you can cook, bring your biz card (or whatever) and promote yourself too . . . you know, a little placeholder in the middle of your jello-mold that says “I post my recipes on columbusunderground.com”.

Okay, so you all don’t do recipes here. But something like that. It’d be totally fine by me . . . (the coordinator of this potluck).

PLUS. Do you know who has the record? Promise Buttery Spread in Pheonix. Seriously. That’s wrong for so many reasons. The record belongs here. We need 602 different eats.

Thank you, nice meeting you,

LCM

brothermarcus
    brothermarcus
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Luce Cannon Mims wrote

Okay, so you all don’t do recipes here. But something like that. It’d be totally fine by me . . . (the coordinator of this potluck).

Welcome to Columbusunderground.com! We have a few threads where people post what they are cooking or recipes, though they don’t get updated all that frequently. Glad to see an event like this coming together, great idea!

Luce Cannon Mims
    Luce Cannon Mims
    Login to Send PM

I’m going to look for you . . . And whatever this dessert is that earned you raves.

Maybe I should look for the recipe forum. Does it inspire as much debate as that McCain-Palin one?

Kraft or Hellmann’s . . . I can see it now.

brothermarcus
    brothermarcus
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

http://columbusunderground.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14542&highlight=recipes&sid=c1f5b551f1c0d9795f4735b4904b1d5c

That’s the first thread I’ve found… there are some older ones. Enzo has tasted my mud pie, it’s a whole lot of chocolate and sugar- outside of diabetics it’s a real crowd-pleaser.

Luce Cannon Mims
    Luce Cannon Mims
    Login to Send PM

That’s probably the safest sort of conversation for me: not too violent.

Unless of course, I was a Vegetarian. Lotsa dead cow in that string.

Anyway. That chocolate sugar thing sounds grand! It looks like lots and lots and lots of people will be at this thing, which ought to make it easy to break the record.

I was completely serious about you and the CU posse promoting itself at the buffet. I think you’ll find that several generations come together at those things . . . and plenty of people would be very interested in this internet project.

I dunno,

CUcumber slices

CUpcakes

CUmberland sauce ribs . . . ?

Coremodels
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

This sounds fun, maybe I’ll make my ribs for it!

Luce Cannon Mims
    Luce Cannon Mims
    Login to Send PM

Please do!

Between Ribs and the Chocolate Wonderful, it seems y’all are bringing top shelf stuff.

I haven’t exactly figured my item out yet. Will likely bring multiple (a coordinator’s gotta support the Record-breaking cause). Being a good Methodist Lady, one will need to involve Canned Cream of Mushroom Soup.

That’s a cultural requirement.

drew
    drew
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Luce Cannon Mims wrote Being a good Methodist Lady, one will need to involve Canned Cream of Mushroom Soup.

I feel like I know you already! :lol:

Luce Cannon Mims
    Luce Cannon Mims
    Login to Send PM

Ah . . . and thanks to years of lurking, I actually do know (all about) you!

Okay, that was a joke. And a creepy joke. What a way to make friends on a fourth-or-fifth post.

I do hope that those of you CUers who come will be identifiable somehow. I want to meet famous people.

And today, we have a new reason to join in: the Stock Market disaster. This is FREE fun. It just costs a little time and some stuff out of the cupboard.

laChewla
    laChewla
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Drew wrote
    Luce Cannon Mims wrote Being a good Methodist Lady, one will need to involve Canned Cream of Mushroom Soup.

I feel like I know you already! :lol:

me too!

Does that mean you’re bringing green bean casserole topped with friend onions?

Luce Cannon Mims
    Luce Cannon Mims
    Login to Send PM

I was actually gonna try to be obscure (since the rules require 602 different items). Like Ants-On-A-Log or something.

That said, if I may now consider myself part of the CU clan, I will pledge to make CU GB Casserole.

And then you’ll come too, right?

For the record, the last time I had it, my sis used frozen green beans as an ingredient. Even cooked: completely gross. Canned might be the only way to go.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)

The forum ‘Miscellaneous Events’ is closed to new topics and replies.