Our City Online

Messageboard - Nightlife

World of Beer in The Brewery District

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Nightlife World of Beer in The Brewery District

This topic contains 69 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Walker Evans Walker Evans 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    Yeti22
    Yeti22
    Login to Send PM

D*mn, I wanted to do this. Except not look like a BW3.
    The menu does not include Bud or Miller. Thank you.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

World of Beer Opening in The Brewery District
    By: Walker

On October 31st, the Brewery District will become 50 beer taps and 500 beer varieties richer. World of Beer will open their doors at 503 South Front Street at 3pm that day to Facebook friends and the following day to the general public. The new bar was built specifically to appeal to enthusiasts who appreciate a wide selection of craft beers, microbreweries and uncommon imported beers.

READ MORE: http://www.columbusunderground.com/world-of-beer-opening-in-the-brewery-district

Mister Shifter
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Looking forward to it.

tolemac5050
    tolemac5050
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Mister Shifter said:
    Uh, okay.

Welcome first time poster.

exactly! (must be the PR agency)

Static-X
    Login to Send PM

Will World of Beer have…….Yuengling? Without Yuengling, Columbus will crumble and the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse will rear their ugly heads.

patient_zero
    patient_zero
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Owner Darren Green of Dublin, Ohio warmly invited me in last night when I contacted him via phone, a day after their private opening. Darren, GM Christina Mclenaghan and the WOB staff were just as knowledgeable as they were affable. It was an electric scene when I walked in last night, with a really good cover band playing above the main bar, and a decent crowd on both levels.

Beertender Blake greeted me, and offered me some draft samples. One of his favorites ended up being a pleasant surprise: The Concoction by Brooklyn Brewmaster’s Reserve. It was made with peated malt, lemon, ginger and honey. It tasted like sweet hops to me. Totally unique and worth a try.

Some of their weekly promotions:

Monday:Service Industry Night – 1/2 off drafts 9-close
    Tuesday:Loyalty Card night – $1 off bottles open-close
    Wednesday:WOB University – students/faculty get 1/2 off select drafts 9-close
    Thursday:Ladies Night – 1/2 off wines and select drafts open-close
    Sunday:Customer Appreciation Cookout – one Sunday a month

Regular happy hour Monday-Friday $1 off drafts and wine, open to 7
    Live music Thursday-Saturday

Loyalty card available for $15, and includes a nice black tee.

No kitchen on the premises, but they have a bound menu from four local restaurants you can order from and have it delivered! List includes Plank’s, t.murray’s, Claddagh, and the newly opened Backstage Bistro from Shadowbox!

General Manager Christina McClenaghan

More pics of Halloween night:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/39706870@N08/sets/72157627905861719/

0Angle
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Brother, you get to ALL the cool places before anyone else. Way to make this food & drink lover jealous. Keep up the good work-somebody’s gotta keep taking them for the team…

MichaelC
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

These pictures have me salivating. Great stuff; thanks so much for sharing.

Mister Shifter
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Can’t wait for a CU meetup there :)

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Awesome! Great review and photos! :D

patient_zero
    patient_zero
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

0Angle said:
    Brother, you get to ALL the cool places before anyone else. Way to make this food & drink lover jealous. Keep up the good work-somebody’s gotta keep taking them for the team…

All except Explorer’s Club! Tracy didn’t think I was cool enough, I guess. :[
    I can't wait to join the brewmaster and Mister Shifter there for some of the World's finest. Great place for a meetup. This little beast is 11% abv, and easy on the tongue:

Mister Shifter
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Gulden Draak is likely my favorite dark belgian ale . Glad they have it on tap. I also love the Gulden Draak Vintage that comes out near the holidays. Mmm.

Twixlen
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Mister Shifter said:
    Gulden Draak is likely my favorite dark belgian ale . Glad they have it on tap. I also love the Gulden Draak Vintage that comes out near the holidays. Mmm.

Is Gulden Draak the one sold in the white bottle? I can never remember the name of it, I just know that the sight of that white bottle makes my heart go pitter-pat, and leads to near skipping through the grocery store.

Mister Shifter
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Twixlen said:
    Is Gulden Draak the one sold in the white bottle? I can never remember the name of it, I just know that the sight of that white bottle makes my heart go pitter-pat, and leads to near skipping through the grocery store.

Yep. That’s the one. :)

Twixlen
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Mister Shifter said:
    Yep. That’s the one. :)

*squee*

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 70 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?