Our City Online

Messageboard - Art & Artists

Wonderland Columbus - News & Updates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Art & Artists Wonderland Columbus – News & Updates

This topic contains 1424 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Thory Thory 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 751 through 765 (of 1,497 total)
  • Author
    cbus11
    cbus11
    Login to Send PM

I am not really sure if this being caused by an “ex” would really make it somehow better for Wonderland. This kind of drama really has no place in an adult non-profit business venture. This seems a sidetrack in an already sidetracked project. It is really unfortunate when personal issues become entangled in business, but if they do it is up to the individual to fix the situation or step aside.

SusanB
    SusanB
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

That site is every non profit’s nightmare.

myliftkk
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Snarf said:
    lol @ jaded ex. wah wah.

lol @ cat finally out of the bag

shirtandpants
    Login to Send PM

what would be interesting is if anyone on this board actually discussed the ideas and content put forth on toop (of which 95% is NOT personal digs at adam brouliette) rather than just speculating about who the editor might be. that blog contains plenty of commentary on the state of the arts scene in columbus, as well as actual information from public records about wonderland, but you all are going to focus on the fact that the editor might be adam’s ex?

also, what kind of feminist discredits someone solely on the basis of being an ex-girlfriend?

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Won’t someone think of the blog?

lol.

I predict much butthurt in the coming pages.

Cookie
    Cookie
    Login to Send PM

shirtandpants said:
    (of which 95% is NOT personal digs at adam brouliette)

I think your math’s a bit off.

Jeff Regensburger
    Jeff Regensburger
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

shirtandpants said:that blog contains plenty of commentary on the state of the arts scene in columbus,

No it doesn’t. It treats the arts scene in Columbus as if it somehow revolves around Wonderland. It defines every agency it mentions (whether its 400 Rich Street, the SNBA, the Columbus Foundation, the GCAC, Junctionview or the OAL) by that agency’s relationship to either Wonderland or Adam Brouillette. Have they published an article that doesn’t mention Adam or Wonderland? I haven’t found one.

Kardashalistic
    Login to Send PM

jeff_r said:
    No it doesn’t. It treats the arts scene in Columbus as if it somehow revolves around Wonderland. It defines every agency it mentions (whether its 400 Rich Street, the SNBA, the Columbus Foundation, the GCAC, Junctionview or the OAL) by that agency’s relationship to either Wonderland or Adam Brouillette. Have they published an article that doesn’t mention Adam or Wonderland? I haven’t found one.

Then you’re not looking very hard. TOOP published one just recently that brought to light the contentious and hypocritical behaviors of Columbus Food League owner Liz Lessner

http://www.theotherotherpaper.com/2012/01/letter-from-the-editor-on-truth-and-libel/

Cookie
    Cookie
    Login to Send PM

Kardashalistic said:
    Then you’re not looking very hard. TOOP published one just recently that brought to light the contentious and hypocritical behaviors of Columbus Food League owner Liz Lessner

http://www.theotherotherpaper.com/2012/01/letter-from-the-editor-on-truth-and-libel/

And it mentions both Adam and Wonderland. But you just wanted people to read that post.

Jeff Regensburger
    Jeff Regensburger
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Kardashalistic said:

Are you serious? The first link in that post points to the very thread we’re conversing in now; a thread that is – not surprisingly – all about Wonderland.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Better to have loved and lost and written some ridiculous blog than never to have loved at all.

DavidF
    DavidF
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Still waiting for TOOP to expose Liz and Adam’s ties to the Illuminati.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE!!

Edit: Oops. Found an illuminati reference in the remarks to that editors letter.

TheyCallMeTBone
    TheyCallMeTBone
    Login to Send PM

Welp, I had to post, just so I can tell my kids I was part of “…the most epic

thread in online message board history.”!

DavidF
    DavidF
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

TheyCallMeTBone said:
    Welp, I had to post, just so I can tell my kids I was part of “…the most epic

thread in online message board history.”!

Lol. I loved that line too. Methinks someone is a little misguided about her/his own importance.

Chris Sunami
    Chris Sunami
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

The biggest problem with TOOP is that it’s reached the point where it’s hurting its own cause. Even if it is truly run by an neutral third party with no direct connection to Wonderland, its tone is so vindictive and its focus so obsessively narrow that it becomes all to easy to dismiss it as the work of a spurned lover.

Clearly there are some real and serious concerns that people have about Wonderland. The plain facts are clear enough by themselves: A lot of money has been spent, and there has been very little to show for it. But TOOP’s harping on failings as minor as a typo on the website, and its reflexive demonization of anyone who doesn’t despise Wonderland (or who questions TOOP’s own journalistic integrity) almost functions as a backhanded defense of Adam & co. You get so lost in the pettiness that you lose track of the accusations with substance.

Viewing 15 posts - 751 through 765 (of 1,497 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?