Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Wine Shops in the Downtown Area

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Wine Shops in the Downtown Area

This topic contains 20 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Steve Steve 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Steve
    Steve
    Participant

I am having trouble getting some wine right now… I could go to Kroger or any other place, but I’d rather go to a real wine shop…

Does anyone know of any wineshops downtown or in the downtown area (the east side of 43215 or Olde Towne East…)?

buckette13

Not too far and a pretty nice place:

http://camelotcellars.com/

tdziemia
    Participant

Haufrau Haven 769 S. Third St. in German Village. Awesome selection and the staff is usually very knowledgeable. I think open till 6 today.

Not quite downtown, but worth a detour (if not this time, some other time).

tdziemia
    Participant

Oops, that’s Hausfrau Haven.

Steve
    Steve
    Participant

Hausfrau means House Wife… HA!

Regardless, thank you both for the suggestions! I will start a list of places to check out. :)

Another one I found north of Downtown, in SN is Wine on High. Also, Europia…

I will check them out!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

The North Market is only open to 5pm on Sunday, so you’ve got another hour:

http://www.northmarket.com/meet-the-market/merchants/the-barrel-and-bottle

http://vimeo.com/25152589

buckette13

If you haven’t been there, you must also visit the Brother’s Drake Meadery in the SN.

Steve
    Steve
    Participant

I ended up going to North Market to get my wine… Not super convenient with all the wanderers, but easy to park there…

Next time I will probably check out Wine on High or Camelot Cellars or HausFrau Haven.

I’ve been to Brother’s Drake. They don’t sell wine, but a great place nonetheless.

Steve
    Steve
    Participant

Also, it’s worth note that I would have been able to take the bike share to get the wine from North Market! :) :) (See Alta Bike Share article).

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

stephentszuter said:
    Not super convenient with all the wanderers, but easy to park there…

What are wanderers and what do they do to you?

mrpoppinzs

Walker said:

They are a notorious 1950′s high school street gang that roams downtown looking to stir up trouble with the growing oenophile population…you need to open your eyes Walker ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITcUjHo1NSQ&feature=related

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Ha! ;)

Steve
    Steve
    Participant

Walker said:

They walk in front of me. lol.

I am a very in-and-out kind of person. I could probably do that a little more easily in a wine shop than in a marketplace.

But it’s probably also time for me to start slowing down and enjoying the market…

Coy
    Coy
    Participant

Whenever The Hills market gets finished on Grant, we’ll be sitting pretty in 43215…

meltsintowonder
    meltsintowonder
    Participant

Highly recommend The Barrel & Bottle. If you don’t mind a little extra distance, then go to Wine on High. I’ve heard great things about Hausfrau but I’ve never been there.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.