Our City Online

Messageboard - Columbus Festivals

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Wildlights at the Zoo: Nov 18, 2011 - Jan 1, 2012

Home Forums Events Columbus Festivals Wildlights at the Zoo: Nov 18, 2011 – Jan 1, 2012

This topic contains 8 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Anne Evans Anne Evans 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

Columbus Zoo Wildlights—Friday, November 18

Columbus Zoo Wildlights (Christmas Lights)

The Columbus Zoo and Aquarium and Kroger are joining forces with the Foodbank to help feed our hungry neighbors at the kick-off of this year’s WILDLIGHTS exhibit.

On Friday, November 18 from 5:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. visitors to WILDLIGHTS can earn a free admission and parking for the evening with the donation of five cans of food.

The zoo is located at 4850 W. Powell Rd. in Delaware County. For more information, call 1-800-MONKEYS (666-5397).

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Dates: November 18, 2011 to January 01, 2012

Times: Zoo opens daily at 10:00 a.m. with Wildlights activities operating:

Sundays through Thursdays: 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.,

Fridays and Saturdays: 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.,

Closed: Thanksgiving (Nov. 24)

Christmas Eve (Dec. 24) and Christmas Day (Dec. 25)

Cost: Regular Admission Rates Apply

Free to Columbus Zoo and Aquarium Members

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Tonight is the grand opening! :D

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

Go early or sit in your car for a looong time trying to get in. My parents house is on Riverside Dr. more than a mile south of the zoo. Every year it’s backed up past their driveway.

I’m for sure not saying don’t bother and don’t go. I go every year I can because it’s a great holiday spirit raiser. I’m just saying plan well.

Stewz
    Participant

I went last night for the member’s sneak preview. Pretty solid job done this year, as with most years past as well. I would highly suggest not going on a weekend as vestanpance said, it gets pretty darn crowded up there.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

We’ve gone a few times over the past few years, but never to opening night. Sounds like it might be worthwhile to go another day as I’ve never seen traffic too back up when we’ve gone. ;)

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Always enjoy taking my wife and son to this. Bringing a thermos of really good hot cocoa is recommended.

mkramer

Do they still do the Wednesday half off for Franklin County residents during wildlights?

racheltb
    Participant

I would never do this, but I hear some people put something harder than hot cocoa in their thermos. ;)

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Also, avoid the weekends at all costs. Unless you want to wait an hour to get into the parking lot and find a spot, and then have to wade through tight mobs of people inside the zoo.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘Columbus Festivals’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Looking for a new apartment or condo?

Explore what Bridge Park has to offer at our upcoming Urban Living Tour on Sunday, October 29th! Tickets are only $10 in advance or $20 day-of, and include a drink ticket for the AC Hotel bar!

CLICK HERE FOR $10 TICKETS