Our City Online

Messageboard - Q&A

Where can you buy a split queen-size box spring?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Q&A Where can you buy a split queen-size box spring?

This topic contains 28 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  TaraK 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author

TaraK
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Our box springs are just NOT going up the stairs in our row house. I found some split ones online (two little ones that go together to make a queen-size one), but they don’t ship them. As there are about a billion houses like mine in Columbus, there’s got to be a place that sells these.

Anyone know a business?

Also, if you’ve bought some of these, how much did you pay?

Core_Models
    Core_Models
    Login to Send PM

too lazy to check, but years ago I think I bought them at Sears.

Rocknrolloutlaws
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I got mine when I bought my mattress at Macy’s. I paid for everything all at the same time, but it was about an extra $100 to get a split box spring.

chaptal
    chaptal
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

They’re tough to find. We got ours at Liberty Freight, but I would not recommend them. It took way too long to get it after ordering.

somertimeoh
    somertimeoh
    Login to Send PM

Blammo and the Fierce Lime have some recent experience making one of these :)

Matthew
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

My tenant bought some at American Freight there at Morse and 71. They have them in stock ready to roll. I personally just sawed mine down the center (on the underside only) with a handheld saw and folded it like a taco up the stairs. Once back in the frame you can’t tell- Seemed like a better option than throwing the mattress away.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

somertimeoh wrote >>
    Blammo and the Fierce Lime have some recent experience making one of these :)

20 Peebers + 2 doods + jigsaw = WIN

blammo
    blammo
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

That mattress never stood a chance. And a week later, after the addition of four 2″x8″ boards, the box spring held up as good as new!

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

blammo wrote >>
    That mattress never stood a chance. And a week later, after the addition of four 2″x8″ boards, the box spring held up as good as new!

It’s true. It’s still quite sturdy and very comfortable. I can highly recommend sawing that puppy in half and bracing it up in the meantime if you need to.

Core_Models
    Core_Models
    Login to Send PM

osulew wrote >>

It’s still quite sturdy

Where is the video of the testing process?

sixby9is42
    sixby9is42
    Login to Send PM

The Original Mattress Factory makes them. Googling around, it seems like it costs around $50 more than getting one standard box spring.

Motorist
    Motorist
    Login to Send PM

I got a split box spring when I bought a new bed from Original Mattress Factory. I don’t think I ordered it or paid extra for it, they just brought it with them. If I remember right, the delivery guys carry some with them in case they get to a house where they can’t get a regular box spring up the stairs.

pixiecrinkle
    Login to Send PM

I will third Original Mattress Factory — they will even do a split box spring for a full-sized bed. Sounds ridiculous, but I did live in an apartment with a stairwell that small.

desecration
    desecration
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

We got our split queen size box spring from The Original Mattress Factory as well.

sleepwellkevin
    Login to Send PM

Hi everyone,

My name is Kevin and I own a small mattress and furniture store in Grandview. Our name is Sleep Well Columbus and we are located in Grandview.

Phew, a $100 MORE for a split box, not here! My cost are $80 for a regular box and $120 for a split box, only $40 more and my boxes are less to start with. My mattresses are lot less too.

We meet by appointment only and keep our overhead low. We also can deliver.

Give us a shot our number is 614-432-7565 our website is www.SleepWellColumbus.com

Thanks for your time, this is a great city.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?