Our City Online

Messageboard - Q&A

where's the best place to get a haircut?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Q&A where’s the best place to get a haircut?

This topic contains 86 replies, has 53 voices, and was last updated by gflo gflo 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 87 total)
  • Author
    mightymighty
    mightymighty
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I’ve never gone to a salon more than once in a row, and now my short hair is becoming not so short… So this got me to thinking, where is the bestest place in town to go get your hair cut?

maybe I should start seeing someone on a regular basis.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I get my hair cut and highlighted by my long time stylist Rachel at Q Salon and Day Spa which is a Charles Penzone salon on Henderson Rd. I love Rachel, but the place is pricey. For that reason, I have tried Eric at Studio Posh and he did a great job. My boyfriend gets his done at Lucky 13 in Clintonville which seems like a cool place. Of course they just buzz his super short so I don’t know how well they do on other styles but the place seems cool and they give him cool stickers when he goes in. :D

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

I go to 1400 Downtown (corner of Gay and High). Ron and Quinn both always do a great job.

(614) 365-3333

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I guess I could have tried to be mildly helpful and post some links…

http://www.charlespenzone.com

http://www.lucky13salon.com/

I can’t find the website for Studio Posh but the number to the one on High St. is 4211966. There is also one in Worthington.

Tigertree
    Tigertree
    Login to Send PM

Brian at 1400 in Grandview. I just moved here in October. I went through 4 other salons before I found Brian. At least as good as my guy in LA and a third of the price.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Waldo’s, The Max, Studio Favero are all really good too from my experience.

Andrew Hall
    Andrew Hall
    Login to Send PM

I go to Gina’s in Grandview, Grace in particular.

Had one person for a long time, then had to bounce around until I found her.

I had one excellent stylist at Mario Tricocci in Tuttle. Named “Isabella.” Gorgeous, tall, ex-volleyball player, very stylish in a sea of very bland company. She left the business completely and it turned out her name was really Julie.

A.

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

I’ve always gotten great hairdo’s with Roz at The Max Salon in German Village. Also a Charles Penzone place.

vespamary
    vespamary
    Login to Send PM

Does location matter? That is, I tend to get my hair cut in my neighborhood and am not at all loyal to any one stylist. I’ve received great cuts at Lucky 13, Doo Wac (on Indianola), Byfords Salon and haircolorxperts.

Brewmaster
    Brewmaster
    Login to Send PM

Anne wrote I’ve always gotten great hairdo’s with Roz at The Max Salon in German Village. Also a Charles Penzone place.

That’s who does my wife’s hair. She likes her too (obviously).

I used to cut my own for about 10 years, but I started to get sick of cleaning up after myself, so now I’m fine with shelling out $20 to Aaron at Max. He does a better job than I can and is only 3 blocks away.

Truth be told, it actually ends up being more like $25-30 after tip and the inevitable stop at Cup O’ Joe on the way back.

Mercurius
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

honavery
    Login to Send PM

I go to Brandi at Salon Lofts on S. High. I don’t know if she is better than anyone else, but I’ve been happy with her so far (3 hair cuts).

Her work number is 614-906-2665 if you want to call and schedule with her.

Andrew Hall
    Andrew Hall
    Login to Send PM

honavery wrote I go to Brandi at Salon Lofts on S. High. I don’t know if she is better than anyone else, but I’ve been happy with her so far (3 hair cuts).

Brandi is excellent. Used to be at Colatrulgio’s. Then went other places and private. (She did our son’s hair out on the back porch!) My wife goes to her exclusively. Not sure why I stopped going to her. I think it was because I needed a more regular daytime appt which she didn’t have before she opened up in SL.

A.

mightymighty
    mightymighty
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I should just shave it. :P

except I’d look awful bald.

Thanks for the info though, there’s a few places mentioned that I had not heard of!

Manatee
    Manatee
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Dude, I give sweet haircuts. I just gave my daughter an awesome choppy bob and gave my sister a sweet long mohawk with fringe.

Your hair, by the way, looks just fine to me :P

Manatee

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 87 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?