Our City Online

Messageboard - Art & Artists

What's in a name?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Art & Artists What's in a name?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Darren G. 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Darren G.
    Login to Send PM

It has been brought to my attention that although some/many/most agree Columbus needs to build a new downtown art museum, concept museum, Creative Class hub, etc., the “HUB” Stadium/”HUB” Stadium smART Complex name might be in need of some revision.

So as not to confuse people, I will continue to use the “HUB” terminology while addressing the issue of developing a new state-of-the-art downtown art museum. However, I am completely open to naming rights of the actual structure/complex.

My suggestion is we use this thread to begin the process of collective brainstorming a new name for the “HUB” Stadium…

Perhaps this will serve as some incentive to get people more involved. For it is not my intent to assert ownership over this commons development project. Rather my goal is merely to use my model as a jumping off point. Where it leads is up to those who get involved.

Perhaps the creators of this sight can look into what it would take to develop a mechanism to tabulate and track the results of this type of collective polling exercise. It seems to me that kind of use of this public space would have tremendous social value.

Until then, anybody have any new name suggestions for the “HUB” Stadium smART Complex?

lifeontwowheels
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Here’s a suggestion:

Trim the idea down to its most unique attribute and one that is the most actionable. Instead of these long, flowing multiple thread posts, condense the idea to a brief, sellable point. Launch a kickstarter, find some backers and find a space you can launch in. Third Hand and the Idea Foundry were small little things not so long ago. There are plenty of neighborhoods where you could find some cheap space.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?