Our City Online

Messageboard - Shopping

What is your favorite home accessory store in Columbus?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Shopping What is your favorite home accessory store in Columbus?

This topic contains 19 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  gk 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

gk
    Login to Send PM

Mine is Casa Bella at Creekside in downtown Gahanna. Co-owners Lori and Mina have a keen eye for finding accessories that are reasonable in price, unique and timeless in design. Casa bella is also a great place for finding the perfect gift for the person who has everything. Their showroom is a feast for the eyes.

roy
    roy
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Mary Catherine’s! Besides that they can find you anything and have incredible taste, the stylish ladies who operate the store, Diana and Melaine, are both unique characters and among the best conversationalists on the entire High Street strip. Mary Catherine’s is in a class by itself.

Wasserstrom’s North Market or Silver Drive. Check out the industrial strength chrome pizza stack rack as a magazine holder.

gk
    Login to Send PM

Casa Bella just got some really fun holiday gifts and decorations. We’re hoping to get over there sometime this weekend.

Nitsud Regnifloh
    Nitsud Regnifloh
    Login to Send PM

target. i love that lil french market…

Moz
    Moz
    Login to Send PM

Collier West! I want to buy EVERYTHING in that store.

itinerantfoodie
    itinerantfoodie
    Login to Send PM

It’s a tie: Sobo Style and Loot.

HeySquare
    HeySquare
    Login to Send PM

I shop a lot of different places. I try to have an idea of the color, style, and size of things that I am looking for, and then “know it when I see it”.

For cheap mass market stuff, I was a total sucker for the Martha Stewart everyday line at K-mart for stuff like containers (I got these awesome metal bins there) and Target. That Olde Time Pottery place (which is going out of business) was great for cheap glassware. The TJ Maxx/Homegoods store on Henderson is also amazing… but can be hit or miss, so you have to go in there with a plan, and not be disappointed if they don’t have exactly what you need that day.

For more unique things, I just got an awesome new light fixture at Collier West. Sometimes you have to splash out for a great signature piece. I check out Anthropologie a lot, often just to see the ideas for how they merchandise their items.

I use a number of online retailers too. Van Dykes Restorers stuff is great, since I live in an older home, and find the styles of a lot of their hardware match what I already have in the house. http://www.vandykes.com/
    Especailly for things like porcelain door knobs and the glass knobs for my kitchen cabinets.
    I like Rejuvenation too. Have a light fixture from them as well.

http://www.rejuvenation.com/

groundrules
    groundrules
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

no one said The Chamber? geesh.

Mercurius
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Grandview Mercantile and Review

dru
    dru
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

c-note art show.

loot for christmas decorations.

collier west when budget allows.

Tigertree
    Tigertree
    Login to Send PM

Collier West, Sobo Style, American Furnishings, Tigertree, Grandview Mercantile, That Antique Mall in German Village, Eclectiques in Clintonville, Boomerang Room, Mad For Mod, West Elm, Po Furnishings R.I.P.

gk
    Login to Send PM

The Collection in downtown Powell (along the railroad tracks) is also one of my favorites. It has one-of-a-kind pieces and is constantly getting new things in on a weekly basis.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

That Heritage Square antique mall in Reynoldsburg is pretty phenomenal.

I like Mad 4 Mod quite a bit. Other than that, sometimes Home Goods?

suziwest
    suziwest
    Login to Send PM

Thanks for all of those acknowledgements! For me, I shop the Grandview Mercantile. Heritage Square is a treasure trove. As are the antique malls of Springfield. When I want the look of modern in a pinch, Target cant be beat.
    And I just found old downtown Westerville. Ask for Debbie at Ruth Reed Antiques. Glad everyone kept to primarily independent retailers. Shop locally!

Suzi West of Collier West

suziwest
    suziwest
    Login to Send PM

Thanks for all of those acknowledgements! For me, I shop the Grandview Mercantile. Heritage Square is a treasure trove. As are the antique malls of Springfield. When I want the look of modern in a pinch, Target cant be beat.
    And I just found old downtown Westerville. Ask for Debbie at Ruth Reed Antiques. Glad everyone kept to primarily independent retailers. Shop locally!

Suzi West of Collier West

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?