Our City Online

Messageboard - Q&A

Kerr Street Place - Condos in Italian Village

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Q&A Kerr Street Place – Condos in Italian Village

This topic contains 36 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by News News 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

cbus11 said:
    The home owners could always put advertisments on their window blinds and make some extra money from Clear Channel.

Ha! They could talk to Orange Barrel about a big wallscape mural advertisement too. ;)

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Pickerington_Kyle said:
    Does anyone know anything that going on with that huge parcel of land across from the Old Wonderland site by 1st Avenue and 4th street?

More: http://www.columbusunderground.com/forums/topic/jeffrey-place-loft-building-whats-the-deal/page/2#post-404464

jessew
    Login to Send PM

I’m a little late to this conversation, but if you have any questions about the Russell at Kerr project, ask away – I work for Lincoln Street Studio, the Italian Village-based architect of the project.

Couple of interesting project notes:

[*]The town home you see under construction is the smallest of three (asking price 359K), the other two increase in size. [/*][*]The garage is actually a 2 car garage, with a lift to raise one car up above the other. The lift itself is pretty cool, and uses just one arm to raise up to 6000lbs. [/*][*]The design incorporates a large roof deck and open floor plans.[/*][*]We expect the homes to be pretty efficient, they adhere to the IECC (energy code), have very efficient windows, and the compact plan focuses most of the heating and cooling load on the living areas. [/*]

Our facebook page has some construction photos if you’re interested. The web site for the project is: http://russellatkerr.com/ and has contact info for Connie, the seller.

jessew
    Login to Send PM

Oh, and thanks for the comments!

@Cbus11: We put up signs on the exterior for our own firms, but I think you might have something there, heh!

mrsgeedeck
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

@jessew Not in the market to buy but hope to see this on a home tour or open house, great to see such innovation in our area.

jessew
    Login to Send PM

mrsgeedeck said:
    @jessew Not in the market to buy but hope to see this on a home tour or open house, great to see such innovation in our area.

Glad you like it! I’ll have to check when the local tour dates are. Connie told me she’s going to open it up for open houses once the drywall is installed, so probably 3-6 weeks (we’re waiting on masonry as well right now). I honestly think the second house will be the ringer, it’s modest in size and more practical for 2-3 people. The largest one (at corner) has space on the bottom floor for a small studio or office.

News
    News
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

House overlooking I-670 sold, clearing way for 2 more
    Jan 29, 2013
    Brian R. Ball
    Staff reporter – Business First

That tall, skinny house overlooking Interstate 670 east of the High Street cap has been sold, with expectations two more homes could get built next door this year. Short North developer Connie Klema’s Kerr Street Place Ltd. affiliate sold the three-level, 1,600-square-foot home at Kerr and East Russell streets Jan. 22 for $375,000, not far from the $385,000 she sought.

READ MORE: http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/blog/2013/01/house-overlooking-i-670-sold-clearing.html

buckette13
    Login to Send PM

spoiler alert – its a highway!

Twixlen
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I went thru this condo on the Short North tour this summer. It’s a very cool space. Once inside, the highway is almost like a never-stopping art installation – and the noise is the faintest hum. The rooftop terrace had an amazing view of downtown and the surrounding neighborhood. I’m looking forward to seeing how the rest of these homes come together.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Pretty impressive that it sold for $375k. I guess the modern design, skyline views and walkable neighborhood trumps being located on top of a highway.

billbix
    Login to Send PM

Walker said:
    Pretty impressive that it sold for $375k. I guess the modern design, skyline views and walkable neighborhood trumps being located on top of a highway.

Surprised by that myself, I also wouldn’t want to be breathing in all that pollution, though I believe they added some kind of air filtering system. The buyer is well known in advertising and design circles so I assume it is a case of finding the right buyer for a signature high profile house.

bayrea
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I am curious to see if it holds it’s value.. wonder what it will be worth in 3 years?

bucki12
    Login to Send PM

It is a super cool house, but living above a freeway just doesn’t seem safe with all that car exhaust. I take my hat off to the developer and architect, they made it work and got it sold.

Twixlen
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Walker said:

You can’t discount an attached garage (with storage) and new construction.

For me, the highway is a non-issue – obviously for the buyers as well. :D

mrpoppinzs
    Login to Send PM

Twixlen said:
    You can’t discount an attached garage (with storage) and new construction.

Yeah, that price seems about right in my mind for new construction in IV with those amenities. Having helped a friend buy a house in California recently it is shocking how low in general housing prices are in Columbus.

What will be interesting to see is what happens to central city realestate tax as the shift in property and land values increase.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?