Our City Online

Messageboard - Q&A

What is a good Adult Soccer League in Columbus?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Q&A What is a good Adult Soccer League in Columbus?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by redfish-bluefish redfish-bluefish 2 years, 5 months ago.

Tagged

soccer

sports

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    redfish-bluefish
    redfish-bluefish
    Login to Send PM

I’ve looked online at columbusohiosoccer.com, soccerfirst.org, columbuspremiersoccerleague.com and columbuscoedsoccer.com for adult 30+ leagues.

Anybody have an opinion as to which is the best of these choices? I’m in Clintonville.

Neil Jaye
    Neil Jaye
    Login to Send PM

I know of a few. I can check with some people I know that play in leagues and get back to you. Also, if you go to Fado on the weekends for Premier League matches, many of the people there are on local leagues.

groundrules
    groundrules
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

do you want to enter a team or as an individual? columbus premier league is the best for high level competition. it has a tiered division structure like the english system with relegation and promotion. Typically good fields and the most solid refs around.

soccer first is fine for 30+. lot of premier league teams/players play there too. the competition is good but not as skilled, and the reffing is terrible.

Neil Jaye
    Neil Jaye
    Login to Send PM

FYI: here’s the Columbus Premier League website: http://www.columbuspremiersoccerleague.com/

Saint Murrays
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Columbus Premier Soccer League is the most competitive in Columbus, soccerfirst league would probably be number two. I’ve played in both and currently am in the CPSL.

groundrules
    groundrules
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Saint Murrays said:
    Columbus Premier Soccer League is the most competitive in Columbus, soccerfirst league would probably be number two. I’ve played in both and currently am in the CPSL.

there is a big discrepancy between the A and B divisions of CPSL as well.

redfish-bluefish
    redfish-bluefish
    Login to Send PM

Thanks for all the great info.

Sounds like the consensus is that CPSL is the highest overall quality program in the area.

Is columbuspremiersoccerleague.com the new website for and same league as columbusohiosoccer.com? The latter is much easier to navigate and has a ton more info about their league where the former seems to be a fairly new site with lots of “coming soon” pages.

How does an individual register for CPSL? The registration page on the site seemed to be solely for team registration.

groundrules
    groundrules
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Columbus Premier League and it’s website is not the same league or organization as columbusohiosoccer.com.

I’d email a contact on CPL website and get directions on how to contact team managers and see if anyone wants you. There isn’t much of a formal mechanism for entering an individual. Full teams are brought into the league. The league itself doesn’t place people onto teams.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?