Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

What do you want to be when you grow up?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion What do you want to be when you grow up?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by DonnaTate DonnaTate 2 years, 5 months ago.

Tagged

dream job

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    DonnaTate
    DonnaTate
    Login to Send PM

I remember when I was in college, I felt like career options were endless. How could I ever pick a career path to follow? Things sort of fell into place for me, and I went with it, but the work wasn’t ever something I’d imagined myself doing.

If you could do anything you wanted to earn a living, what would it be?

Pickerington_Kyle
    Pickerington_Kyle
    Login to Send PM

Sports manager… so i’m going into Sports management… haha.

bman
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

High speed rail conductor

Nah … wish I had stay with teaching.

DonnaTate
    DonnaTate
    Login to Send PM

I’ve ALWAYS wanted to buy up a bunch of abandoned properties, renovate them and create home ownership programs for low income families. On top of that, offer life skills and job training programs, drug interventions, and after school programs. Everyone deserves a nice, safe place to live (that someday they can OWN) and to give their children a chance at higher education and just plain breaking the cycle.

FoodFort
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

DonnaTate said:
    I’ve ALWAYS wanted to buy up a bunch of abandoned properties, renovate them and create home ownership programs for low income families. On top of that, offer life skills and job training programs, drug interventions, and after school programs. Everyone deserves a nice, safe place to live (that someday they can OWN) and to give their children a chance at higher education and just plain breaking the cycle.

Homeport does a lot of that

http://homeportohio.org/

ECDI does a bit of that as well.

http://www.ecdi.org/

catnfiddle
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

bman said:
    High speed rail conductor

Nah … wish I had stay with teaching.

Go back if that’s what you want. I finished my teaching certificate when I was 33 after going to school part time. Not a single regret in my career switch. I was good at finance but this is where I’m supposed to be.

Alex Silbajoris
    Alex Silbajoris
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Growing up, I thought it would be neat to build gardens and work with stone for walks, walls, etc. After 25 years in cubicles, now I’m building gardens, but I’m working with water to make rain gardens.

bman
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

catnfiddle said:
    Go back if that’s what you want. I finished my teaching certificate when I was 33 after going to school part time. Not a single regret in my career switch. I was good at finance but this is where I’m supposed to be.

Seriously contemplating it!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?