Our City Online

Messageboard - Politics

Obamacare / Healthcare Reform - News & Discussion

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Politics Obamacare / Healthcare Reform – News & Discussion

This topic contains 1419 replies, has 90 voices, and was last updated by rus rus 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 1,420 total)
  • Author

kit444
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

dru said:
    So it is a current victory for Obama, but has set it up as the classic electoral argument for Republicans: it is a tax that can be repealed. and so it drags on…

That would be true regardless of the grounds on which it was upheld. Romney will campaign to repeal a law based on his model.

Twixlen
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Mercurius said:
    Chief Justice Roberts sided with the left of the court. Really took some courage.

geoyui said:
    That is really surprising. And I agree, it takes some big cajones to do what Roberts did, a Bush appointee.

I know there’s a history of this sort of thing… but I am still shocked. Shocked and amazed.

I’ve been cracking jokes at Scalia on Twitter — but I really cannot wait for his dissenting opinion. He’s a little nutty and highly dramatic. It’ll make for good reading.

kit444
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Twixlen
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Somewhere, right now, Tenzo is pitching a fit on a messageboard thread.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

This is all so confusing. I wish it was easier to understand.

geoyui
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I haven’t looked yet, but I wonder if Roberts has a website or email. I’d like to possibly send him a message showing my appreciation for what he did. And I imagine he would probably get a lot of death threats and hate mail too.

ColumbusTime
    ColumbusTime
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

This is annoying because I was really looking forward to a day of liberals continuing their disgraceful badmouthing of the court for political purposes.

myliftkk
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

ColumbusTime said:
    This is annoying because I was really looking forward to a day of liberals continuing their disgraceful badmouthing of the court for political purposes.

I know right, now we can just go back to conservatives doing that.

rus
    rus
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

ColumbusTime said:

Enjoy the silence of them complaining about a 5-4 decision.

lifeontwowheels
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

ColumbusTime said:

Those damn liberals…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YIHJyknIbI

rus
    rus
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

lifeontwowheels said:
    Those damn liberals…

…who hate corporations so much, we’re now legally required to pay taxes directly to them.

Twixlen
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

rus said:
    …who hate corporations so much, we’re now legally required to pay taxes directly to them.

We already pay a “tax” to corporations – because we pay them for our healthcare. And most corporations require employees to maintain at least a minimum coverage – it’s part of the agreement of having the job.

And if you are talking about those that don’t already work for corporations, but will be forced into purchasing some level of health coverage as a tax, consider that everything we do already subsidizes the existence of such corporations – all of them. We’re already paying a tax.

ColumbusTime
    ColumbusTime
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

When liberals get done jumping up and down, particularly the DNC staffer who tweeted “Take that Motherfuckers” – they will realize that the SCOTUS just agreed with the Obama Administration that they levied a massive tax on the taxpayers. That should play well in the election.

rus
    rus
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Twixlen said:
    We already pay a “tax” to corporations – because we pay them for our healthcare. And most corporations require employees to maintain at least a minimum coverage – it’s part of the agreement of having the job.

And if you are talking about those that don’t already work for corporations, but will be forced into purchasing some level of health coverage as a tax, consider that everything we do already subsidizes the existence of such corporations – all of them. We’re already paying a tax.

You can take the air quotes out. SCOTUS declared this a tax to prevent declaring this unconstitutional ( although, thankfully, they did declare it unconstitutional under the commerce clause ).

kit444
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

ColumbusTime said:
    When liberals get done jumping up and down, particularly the DNC staffer who tweeted “Take that Motherfuckers” – they will realize that the SCOTUS just agreed with the Obama Administration that they levied a massive tax on the taxpayers. That should play well in the election.

Ah yes, keep focusing on the liberal vs. conservative thing. That’s what’s important here. Lecture us ad nauseum about how awful liberals are. Again.

What’s the “massive tax”? The $300 penalty or the premium I already pay for health insurance? Wait…there’s the tax on tanning beds that I’ll never pay.

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 1,420 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?