Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Welcome New Poster - Say Hello & Introduce Yourself

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Welcome New Poster – Say Hello & Introduce Yourself

This topic contains 653 replies, has 382 voices, and was last updated by mdonahoe7 mdonahoe7 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 654 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Welcome! ;)

DJMikeS

Greetings! I’ve been lurking this site for a while, and finally decided to join. I’m 19 years old, a sophomore at OSU studying electrical engineering, and an aspiring DJ looking to find work in Columbus. I’m from Cleveland where I DJ’d private events for about 5 years. I’ve done several house and fraternity parties down here, but I’m looking to try my luck with bars/clubs in the area. I’ll definitely keep my eyes on the happenings on CU to keep in touch in this city that is still so new to me!

banjodrill

Hey all. I’ve been lurking for a while. Lived in the Short North/Harrison West for 7 yrs then gave away all my stuff and headed to the wild west.

I’ve been living in San Diego for almost 3 years and now am getting ready to move back to the Bus. What can I say? I miss the people and places downtown. And I miss canoeing on rivers. And Liz Lessner restaurants. And the North Market. And Columbus Brewing Co. IPA. And Comfest. And real underground music and art (believe it or not, you’ve got it there).

I was involved heavily in the music scene in the 2000’s. Now I’m a dad with little time for music but I still record when possible: http://www.banjodrill.com. Mostly, I focus on my design/development/animation/multimedia work these days: http://www.billjordandesign.com

Currently interviewing with a couple of places and excited about coming back home.

Cheers

Big Green Head
    Participant

Hi Everybody!
    My name is Big Green Head. I live in Columbus but reach thousands on my website BigGreenHead.com

I’m a green monster who’s passionate about helping people live more consciously; making small changes in their daily lives to save the planet and its resources for future generations. This mission is important to me…and it’s not just for treehuggers anymore.

I have a Big Green Fest coming up called Green on the Green, connecting green businesses and organizations with the people of Central Ohio. I’m kind of like the middle monster…

Central Ohio green businesses and organizations are invited to participate in Green on the Green…the more the merrier! Hope to catch you all at Green on the Green, 5/21/2011 on Worthington’s beautiful village green!

KSquared

Nice website green monster! I plan to read more but I like what I see so far. Welcome to the board.

2thDoc
    Participant

My name is Matt, I am a dentist, and I have finally moved back to the big city. I went to OSU, moved away for a few years for a job in BFE, but decided to come back and start a business. Anyone looking for friendly office with a lot of technology should check us out. http://www.CapstoneDowntown.com I look forward to interacting with everyone who wants to communicate through CU. This site is a great way to keep up with what is happening in this great city.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Welcome! ;)

L

Aloha! My name is Jared. I’m a painter by training, designer by experience, tech-nerd by necessity and executive director of CLOUDHAUS through a love for art and charity in Columbus! I just graduated OSU (painting/drawing) and am still working my crappy job as network-tech support there as I’m trying to pick up design clients. My friend T.W.S told me I should get on Columbus Underground because it was the place to be <3

DavidF
    Participant

Howdy! Welcome to the clubhouse.

CharlieMike
    Participant

I’ve been lurking for a year or two, signed up on CU last year, but never posted. Live in the Old(e) North Columbus hood going on 5 years now. I love seeing what’s going on in town by checking CU. Great job on those mega-weekend posts! I have a feeling I’m a little older than most on here (late 30’s), so I guess I’m “that guy”. Oh well – just means I’ve got vast wisdom to share with all the young’uns!

DavidF
    Participant

CharlieMike wrote >>
    I’ve been lurking for a year or two, signed up on CU last year, but never posted. Live in the Old(e) North Columbus hood going on 5 years now. I love seeing what’s going on in town by checking CU. Great job on those mega-weekend posts! I have a feeling I’m a little older than most on here (late 30’s), so I guess I’m “that guy”. Oh well – just means I’ve got vast wisdom to share with all the young’uns!

Son, you’re not even close to being one the oldest around here. ;)

Welcome aboard.

billiejean

Hello,

I live around the campus area and I been in Columbus for over 14 years now. I love reading all the articles around CU as it has really made me love Columbus as a city much more. There are so many great things to do but they are sometimes hard to find.

I decided to join in on the conversation because I’ve found that everyone here also shares my love of trying new things in Columbus and enjoying all there is in our city.

Thanks everyone and I look forward to having some great conversations in the coming year!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Welcome! :D

We (Bluescreek Farm Meats[/url]) are a family farm that has a store front in the North Market (we’ve been there for almost 17 years). We raise our animals with no growth hormones or antibiotics. Our animals get all of the grass and hay they want, as well as a balanced grain ration. We sell beef, lamb, pork, goat & veal.
    We have kept an eye on Columbus Underground for the last few years, but have not been active on the site. Today I just decided I was tired of sitting on the sidelines and wanted to jump in! I noticed there was alot of inquires about CSAs[/url] and thought it would be great to really get some good information out to those who might really be interested in finding out what we are starting to offer. I hope to continue to communicate with people & contribute to some fun topics!

DavidF
    Participant

Welcome! I’m excited to have you here. This just may be the year I jump on the CSA band wagon.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 654 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.