Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

Welcome New Poster - Say Hello & Introduce Yourself

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Welcome New Poster – Say Hello & Introduce Yourself

This topic contains 576 replies, has 331 voices, and was last updated by Walker Evans Walker Evans 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 577 total)
  • Author
    Alex Silbajoris
    Alex Silbajoris
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Welcome to the board!

shop4localdeals
    Login to Send PM

Hi all….I am a regular Englishman that’s been in Central Ohio now for nearly 10 years. I have worked in Columbus and surrounding counties but unfortunatley I got laid off last October. It’s been a struggle but got to a point in my life when I decided to start something for myself. I put together a basic website advertising local businesses. Not your usual coupon site but a site that links advertisers facebook pages, websites, coupons and more. It must be causing a stir in the advertising community as the local newspaper reps have been out in force which is a good thing because that must mean I have made an impact but it doesn’t make my selling any easier. Rather than just sell the advertiser a banner spot, I want to learn about their business and find ways to promote and grow. I love people, I love to succeed and love Ohio. Now I need a little help. I have contacted a number of local businesses to see if they’d sponsor my site and help with the growth but as usual they want to sponsor a business that’s already top of the list, go figure. It’s a bit like a graduate that wont get hired because they don’t have experience! Never quite figured that one out…..So if you are a business or know of a business that would like to help or you have a pocket full of cash and want to help a poor Englishman feed his family then shoot me a message. God Save the Queen……Mark

Digital Dave
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Hi guys. I’m Dave. Just joined obviously. I lived in Columbus from ’92-’99 and, glad to say from April of 2011 to present. See you around.

buckeye54
    buckeye54
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Welcome to the board everyone!I’ll pass along the info to anyone I know who may be interested Mark. I also like your blog dave. Very cool idea.

shop4localdeals
    Login to Send PM

Thanks buckeye54 I really appreciate any help…..I love Columbus Underground, it’s full of such much stuff…..

PurpleGlaze
    Login to Send PM

HI CU Community!
    My name is Joy. I arrived in Columbus 15 years ago from a village in North Dakota. Columbus, and surrounding area, has so much too offer and so little time. I joined this site because I am an avid fan of the NBA. It is playoff season right now. Does anybody on CU know of a bar or bars that have an enthusiastic NBA fan crowd?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Welcome to everyone! :D

racechick
    Login to Send PM

Moving to Columbus in August and I can’t wait! It seems funny since I’m a big East Coast city girl (from Philly but have also lived in Boston and DC) that I am excited to move to the Mid West but everything I have read, heard or seen about Columbus makes it seem like a great place to settle down.
    Love, love, love this site! It’s the sole reason my husband convinced me to consider Columbus.

Alex Silbajoris
    Alex Silbajoris
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Welcome! I got here because I’d look up local issues, and links to this board kept coming up, so I joined. This is one of those boards where you’re quite likely to meet other members in real life.

jason07
    jason07
    Login to Send PM

Hello all i have been here for a year and a half. Always interested in meeting new friends. I also want you to know about my business. http://www.nautilusaquaticsohio.com. I have been in the aquarium industry for just over 18 years. I breed killies right now. So just wanted to say hi and let people know about our new local business.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Welcome, everyone! :D

osubilly
    Login to Send PM

Hello All,

My name is Billy and I was born and raised in Columbus, and I am currently studying at The Ohio State University. I have been reading this site for years now, and I don’t know why I have taken so long to make a user name.I look forward to joining the discussions that happen on this great website.

Sincerely,

osubilly

erimic
    Login to Send PM

Hi Everyone,

I’d like to share information about http://BuckeyeKids.com, a new resource for families in search of youth programs in central Ohio.

Parents are encouraged to sign up to receive weekly updates about new youth programs, parent classes, and upcoming registration deadlines.

Youth- and family- organizations and businesses are encouraged to join the BuckeyeKids Organization Network (http://buckeyekids.com/organization-network) to benefit from promotions of their upcoming program offerings and beneficial information from BuckeyeKids.

Check out this new resource for parents and their families.

http://buckeyekids.com/welcome

Bluestone583
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Hi everyone. I’m personally new to Columbus Underground, I apologize for repeated posts. I thought I was posting to different categories, whoops, won’t happen again.

Anyway, I’d like to take a second and introduce The Bluestone to you if you are not already aware of who/what The Bluestone is. The Bluestone is a 114 year old turn of the century Baptist church, that now boast 7 bars, original woodwork and stained glass windows and an unique space for any event; Concerts, weddings, corporate events, meetings, business luncheons, or Holiday Parties.

Again, I apologize for the spamming of threads, I hope you take a chance to check out The Bluestone’s webpage and hope to see you at future events!

Twixlen
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Hey Bluestone – good post & welcome.

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 577 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?