Our City Online

Messageboard - Q&A

Vino 100

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Q&A Vino 100

This topic contains 7 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by phosho phosho 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    phosho
    phosho
    Login to Send PM

Stopped in there for the first time yesterday…interesting concept, but not a lot of traffic. Has anyone else been there? Is it busier for events?

mrsgeedeck
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

The one in the Short North or the one at Polaris?

Tigertree
    Tigertree
    Login to Send PM

The Short North one is usually jam packed on the weekends, especially now that they have a bar upstairs. What time of the week and day you were there (assuming we’re talking Short North) can have a big effect too. Weekends we stay pretty constant down here, but week days definitely happen as waves of craziness followed by a lull. So you could stop in somewhere during a lull, not realizing there were 15 people in 5 minutes ago and assume things are going bad on account of it.

phosho
    phosho
    Login to Send PM

It was the Short North location early in the afternoon on Friday and I wasn’t there long. Does anyone know if their selection changes?

Tigertree
    Tigertree
    Login to Send PM

Yes, often. The staff is really great too, and always willing to order stuff for you if you know something specific you’re after. Miss and Josh are always happy to share their intense product knowledge with you. You can often get a one on one tasting at the end of which they can give you some really good recommendations on a wine thats within your budget you’ll like. It’s the first time in my life I have started to really understand what I do and don’t like about wine.

WildmanDan
    Login to Send PM

You can keep the chain, I will still go to Grapes of Mirth when the North Market is open, and to Europia http://www.europiagourmet.com/
    instead.

Tigertree
    Tigertree
    Login to Send PM

It’s a franchise with a local owner who lives in the Short North, really cares about his business, and doesn’t deserve to have it trashed with arrogant comments like that solely because there are a few other wine shops around the country with the name Vino 100 with owners that likely live in their neighborhoods as well. And that’s nothing against Europia (which I am about to head to) or Grapes of Mirth, but that is just ridiculous to say.

WildmanDan
    Login to Send PM

But I also base it on their selection. Nowhere near as good as Grapes of Mirth, and for the size of the store, still prefer Europia’s selection and staff. And don’t even get me started on their beer selection/choices.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?