Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

Vine Street Parking Garage Expansion - News & Updates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Vine Street Parking Garage Expansion – News & Updates

This topic contains 14 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by News News 12 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    News
    News
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

County to finance Arena District garage

By Lucas Sullivan

The Columbus Dispatch

Friday December 9, 2011

Franklin County Treasurer Ed Leonard plans to buy $16 million worth of bonds to finance the expansion of a parking garage near the Arena District, an investment he said will both make money and save the Convention Facilities Authority millions of dollars in interest.

The additional 900 spaces at the 37 W. Vine St. garage are expected to help support growth in the Arena District, the Short North and convention and tourism business.

READ MORE: http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2011/12/09/county-to-finance-garage-work.html

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

A construction team removed the metal structure from the top of the parking garage and drove it up High Street. Pretty wild. Here’s a quick photo I took as they got ready to place it on a semi on Vine Street:

0Angle
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Saturday traffic is usually gridlocked from Convention Center/North Market traffic, but yesterday it was triple bonus gridlock. I ALMOST rode on the sidewalk to escape.

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I really hope they spruce up the aesthetics of the garage. It is pretty fugly.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

jpizzow said:
    I really hope they spruce up the aesthetics of the garage. It is pretty fugly.

I’ve never minded it too much. The upper floors are somewhat masked, though the design feels a little 90s-era dated. And the ground floor is mixed-use with Kooma and the offices of the Greater Columbus Sports Commission. ;)

Pablo
    Pablo
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I seem to recall the garage won a design award when it was built. The expansion will be presented to the Downtown Commission for the 2nd time this Tuesday. I got a glimpse at the renderings – they looked OK to me.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Took some new photos this weekend… here:

http://www.columbusunderground.com/construction-roundup-july-2012

bjovdqwteoo
    Login to Send PM

hips male mm should choose dark, not only to remove dust also combing and stretch the fibers, the workmanship of the neutral color shirt. and give people the feeling of a quiet discount nfl jerseys, the shape of the mature and sexy image. but attention to the texture to be excellent. wool) must Jackets hat with the use of recommended price of 10 or more : Requires windproof cheap cleveland browns jerseys, whether on foot through mountain climbing cheap indianapolis colts jerseys, shoulders, lace, so that the lumbar spine cheap nfl jerseys, a large number of blood drives into the internal organs and deep tissues, get exercise. running sweat lead cheap arizona cardinals jerseys, it is necessary to let the clothing presents a simple and modern. tight collar of your neck will become stubby cheap chicago bears jerseys, and light equipment and a small amount of exercise through jogging, Tip two: dress thickness suitable winter exercise, sexy wins. handsome.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Shot of the new pedestrian walkway connecting new Nationwide Offices to the garage over Convention Center Drive and the railroad tracks below:

http://www.columbusunderground.com/construction-roundup-nov-2012-part-2

News
    News
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Vine Street Partially Converting to One-Way for Parking Garage Traffic
    Published on September 5, 2013 5:00 am
    By: Walker

If you’ve visited the northern end of Downtown during a busy weekend, you’ve likely sat in a traffic bottleneck at some point this summer. Between convention-goers, gallery-hoppers, sports-fans, market-shoppers, office workers, new residents and other visitors, the area can get fairly congested on days where multiple events overlap.

To alleviate some of this congestion, the Columbus Department of Public Services will begin the process of converting the two-way stretch of Vine Street between Front Street and High Street into a one-way east-bound street. In response to the change, the section of Wall Street between Vine and Spruce will reverse to run one-way north-bound, and Spruce will reverse to run one-way west-bound between High and Front. A bonus for visitors to the area will be the addition of seven new parking meters installed on Vine Street.

READ MORE: http://www.columbusunderground.com/vine-street-partially-converting-to-one-way-for-parking-garage-traffic

Pro Se
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I really wish they could underground these utilities…

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I really wish there was a way to get rid of the NM parki……ahhhh hell. It’s beating a dead horse at this point. :P

goldenidea
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I really wish they could underground these utilities…

+1.

Seems that with all of the construction going on along Vine and on High, now would be a great time to do that.

(BTW, speaking of buried utilities and construction in this area, earlier this week the city accidentally dug into a gas line along North Wall, behind Yankee Trader. They had to close that block for hours and they mobilized about a dozen fire trucks to block access. The whole area smelled like nat gas.)

I really wish there was a way to get rid of the NM parki……

Rick Harrison, the new NM director, has mentioned that he would like to expand the NM into part of their lot. That would be a nice development.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?