Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

Tracking Taco Trucks

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Tracking Taco Trucks

This topic contains 152 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by CMH Gourmand CMH Gourmand 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 157 total)
  • Author
    CMH Gourmand
    CMH Gourmand
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Hello All –

I would like to get a list together of all of the Taco Trucks in town.

Ideal information:

Location (interection, in front of or near what business address)

Hours operation – what days, what hours

Best item on the menu

Where does the vendor come from – Mexico (certain region), Central America, etc.

This information will be used for – a blog post, maybe a podcast and a research project.

As a side line, also interested in other late night carts and mobile food vendors in Columbus.

Thanks

Jim

Columbusite
    Login to Send PM

I’ve been to the Huarache truck at Broad & Hague which is in a parking lot at night and also there’s a good one far down Sullivant, where it’s pretty industrial and sprawly all in one. There is a taco truck blog: http://tacotruck.multiply.com/reviews. Can’t vouch for how up-to-date it is. If you pick up some local Spanish papers you will see some of these trucks putting out ads.

Elizabeth Lessner
    Elizabeth Lessner
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

There are 2-3 on Cleveland Avenue both north and south of Cooke Rd. I have not been able to try any, I just drive by them on emergency runs to GFS. Restaurant emergencies afford no time for burrito research unfortunately.

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

There was one in front of the Salvation Army on Morse Road, I think like 2322 Morse or something like that on Saturday. Didn’t get to try it though.

somertimeoh
    somertimeoh
    Login to Send PM

Are taco trucks open in the winter? I saw one when I was running around on Saturday, but I assumed it was a fluke since our one over here closed up months ago. I couldn’t tell you where except that it was next to a Salvation Army store, Morse Rd maybe? Anyway, I think a tour of taco trucks, a la No Reservations, is definitely in order this spring!!

Anne, yay, you remembered. I had no idea where that was, lol. *embarrassed face*

hungrywoolf
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

morgenkub77
    Login to Send PM

I know of two taco trucks up in Northland, although I’ve never tried them b/c I don’t usually carry cash, and I don’t know if they take debit. The first truck is on Cleveland Avenue, in a parking lot near the intersection of Cleveland and Abington (North of Morse Rd).

The second truck is near the intersection of 161 and Maple Canyon, very close to the Hunan House and former Dockside Dolls. The truck is painted yellow and named “Taco Nazo.” I’m looking forward to seeing the results of your search. I’ve been meaning to try one of these for a long time.

sweeney
    Login to Send PM

there is a great taco truck is in the alley (West Gay Street?) at West Broad and Souder Ave in Franklinton. it’s almost like it’s a secret. you can’t see it from West Broad.

for five bucks you can get a a HUGE burrito with fresh ingredients including avocado. The owner is Marta. She is a very nice lady. She gave me a free mexican soda once just so i’d try it. it was some sort of kiwi or banana sugar drink. nasty. but the food there is awesome. they even have tongue!

they are open in the winter.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I support this post and this effort and am willing to travel to any taco trucks for research.

brothermarcus
    brothermarcus
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

this would make for a good Google map as well!

The Wayfarer
    The Wayfarer
    Login to Send PM

Of course, there’s always the stand at 5th and Forsythe next to the Mexican grocery and Vic’s. It’s proved to be a staple for me when in the mood for some good and rather inexpensive eats.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

The Wayfarer wrote >>
    Of course, there’s always the stand at 5th and Forsythe next to the Mexican grocery and Vic’s. It’s proved to be a staple for me when in the mood for some good and rather inexpensive eats.

+ a zillion
    It’s open (not in the winter) all week from 10a-10p.
    And the best thing there is the lengua tacos…although they hardly ever have em. The chorizo is great…especially with an egg added. The asada burrito or tacos are yum too.

Mae
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Are there are any taco trucks (or restaurants) in this area that specialize in Jalicso cuisine? I’d like to find someplace that serves tostadas con pulpos (o pulpos y camarones).

blammo
    blammo
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Mae wrote >>
    Are there are any taco trucks (or restaurants) in this area that specialize in Jalicso cuisine? I’d like to find someplace that serves tostadas con pulpos (o pulpos y camarones).

La Casita on Bethel Road is as close as I’ve found to such a place.

Here is the menu in PDF form, thanks to our own Columbus Foodie. (you should probably download it…and skip to page 3)

Now that I think about it, Cuco’s has some pretty good ceviche as well.

Mae
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

blammo wrote
    La Casita on Bethel Road is as close as I’ve found to such a place.
    Here is the menu in PDF form, thanks to our own Columbus Foodie. (you should probably download it…and skip to page 3)
    Now that I think about it, Cuco’s has some pretty good ceviche as well.

There is a tostada de pulpo on page 4 of the menu — thank you!

Bethel Road is a bit out of the way for me, but I have heard good things about both La Casita and Cuco’s. I have more of a reason to go now.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 157 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?