Our City Online

Messageboard - TV

Top Chef: Seattle - Season 10

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion TV Top Chef: Seattle – Season 10

This topic contains 27 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Walker Evans Walker Evans 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Just started up last week. Anyone watching? Any fan favorites after episode one?

I’ve not watched it yet, but judging from a quick glance at the competitors, it seems like they’re really going international this season. Usually there’s only the one token foreign dude in the pack. ;)

http://www.bravotv.com/top-chef/season-10

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Just watched the first episode. Pretty fun new twist to split the opening groups into four and send them off to compete in judge-created challenges. Looks like it could be a pretty good season this year. I was ready to give up on the show a few seasons back. ;)

mbeaumont
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I’m looking forward to it, especially as it’s in Seattle which is kinda like home away from home. Also, Wolfgang Puck is kinda weirdly sexist. “The kitchen is like a woman, it never does what it’s told”, or something to that effect. Haha, wtf.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Yeah, his comment was a bit out of place. Same thing when the “I’m number one on Yelp!” dude said something about how he needed to set up his station next to “Origami” in reference to the young woman from Japan. I hope that was a playful nickname with a backstory off camera, because the way it was edited came off as a bit immature and racist.

murfmurphy
    murfmurphy
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I like the start off concept, but it was pretty easy to figure out who was going to go and who was going to stay. I kept picking out the least telegenic person of the group and saying they were the ones to go, and I think I was right for the most part. Although I did not see the waxed mustached guy getting cut.

I’m digging the Hawaiian guy right now. He has the best attitude and it will either kill him early or take him to the finals.

mbeaumont
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I also liked the woman who got kicked off before referring to herself as a “movement”.

murfmurphy
    murfmurphy
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Anyone else still watching? How is it possible that Josie can still be hanging around. She hasn’t won a single thing and she’s been at the bottom every show.

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

yeah. she is terrible! plus her laugh! groan.

DavidF
    DavidF
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Yep. The last elimination was a travesty. I have no idea how Josie is hanging on.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Overall, I’d say that I’ve really been enjoying this season despite not posting about it here on CU (we usually are a few weeks behind on watching, so we’re late to the game for discussion). A pretty solid group of chefs remaning, and we’re loving Stephan this time around (he’s less of an asshole I guess).

patient_zero
    patient_zero
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Josie lacks short-term and long-term planning abilities that are second nature to even mediocre chefs. This is apparent when you watch her flopping around, singing and dancing and giggling at her action stations as a cover while she tries to catch up. The judges are annoyed with this after two seasons now.

Why didn’t she roast the bones for Kristen’s stock? That’s cooking 101, a necessary first step she needed to do the day before Restaurant Wars, not the day of, or hours before she needed to plate up. Even when Kristen asked her about the bones, she kept stalling. While it could be poor planning, or lack of motivation, or even her stubbornness, I think she was doing her damnedest to get Kristen eliminated. She’s certainly been in her share of eliminations and knew how they operated. I wish Kristen spoke up! Gail Simmons knew something was brewing, but Kristen wouldn’t reveal Josie’s missteps.

Her time is almost up as she lacks the finale chops.
    Then she has a surprise or two waiting for her in Last Chance Kitchen.

Last Chance Kitchen Episode #8 http://www.bravotv.com/top-chef/season-10/last-chance-kitchen/playlist

ricospaz
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Can’t believe Josie has stayed on. Felt bad for Kristin. You can tell that pretty much everyone hates Josie there too.

Roland
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Last weeks outcome with Kristen was shocking. Made me question the point even watching further, since I want to see the best chefs make the cut. Watching Josie skate by week after week has gotten to be ridiculous. Good chefs can have bad days and Kristen should have just explained what happened.

There’s always Last Chance Kitchen for her.

Twixlen
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I totally agree about Kristin & Josie. It bugs me that Collichio & others keep talking about how much *class* Kristin showed… It’s not classy to fall on a sword. It’s also not classy that the judges knew exactly what was up, and refused to question further what really happened. I’ve seen them in the past get on the case of someone they knew wasn’t telling the full truth. Also, it felt like Padma had it in for Kristin, for some reason.

Josie is the female version of a brodude. I’m surprised she hasn’t yet been filmed smashing a can on her forehead.

murfmurphy
    murfmurphy
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Twixlen said:
    I totally agree about Kristin & Josie. It bugs me that Collichio & others keep talking about how much *class* Kristin showed… It’s not classy to fall on a sword. It’s also not classy that the judges knew exactly what was up, and refused to question further what really happened. I’ve seen them in the past get on the case of someone they knew wasn’t telling the full truth. Also, it felt like Padma had it in for Kristin, for some reason.

Josie is the female version of a brodude. I’m surprised she hasn’t yet been filmed smashing a can on her forehead.

I said the same thing to my wife. I asked her if she thought that Padma was intimidated because she wasn’t the most exotic woman on the show and that was why she was going after her like that.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?