Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

Things to do Late Night in Columbus

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Things to do Late Night in Columbus

This topic contains 20 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Walker Evans Walker Evans 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

I know this topic has been visited a couple of times in the past, but not recently, so I thought it was worth a revival. Chris DeVille over at the Alive just put together a nice roundup of some of the late-night options:

- Columbus Square Bowling Palace

- Buckeye Donuts

- Shi-Sha Lounge

- Cafe Bella

- Eggfast

- Ruckmoor Lounge

patient_zero
    patient_zero
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Dunkin’ Donuts E. Dublin Granville Rd

Visit/study/eat in the new Ohio Union

Fitzy’s Old Fashioned Diner (a 24 hour diner)
    (614) 846-1004
    1487 Schrock Rd
    Columbus, OH

wimbonimbo
    Login to Send PM

Downtown is still a ghosttown after dark, cept for the clubs. When oh, when?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

wimbonimbo wrote >>

The patio at Barrio looked pretty hopping when I drove by last night (after dark).

If you’re hanging around outside an office building though, you probably will be waiting awhile for something cool to happen. Most CBDs are dead at dark.

Otherwise… any other recommendations for super-late-night entertainment or food? I haven’t gone in awhile, but I always thought late-night box-style karaoke was fun. Sam’s Cue and MomoKTV were our two go-to spots back in the day. I’d love it if someone opened up a new joint more centrally located in the city. ;)

Displaced Columbusite
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

wimbonimbo wrote >>

Not sure that will ever change, from what I hear even downtown Manhattan is dead after the work schedule.

10sun
    10sun
    Login to Send PM

Displaced Columbusite wrote >>

wimbonimbo wrote >>

Not sure that will ever change, from what I hear even downtown Manhattan is dead after the work schedule.

Wall Street area is, but the rest of Manhattan keeps going FOREVER.

Last few times I’ve been there, the bars would stop letting new people in at 3 or 4am, but you could stay as long as you wanted.

Spent quite a few mornings watching the sunrise as I was walking back to my friend’s pad.

Displaced Columbusite
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Walker wrote >>

wimbonimbo wrote >>

The patio at Barrio looked pretty hopping when I drove by last night (after dark).

All this time, I didn’t think you even owned a car Walker with the amount of bus travel you do :)

Displaced Columbusite
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

10sun wrote >>

wimbonimbo wrote >>

Wall Street area is, but the rest of Manhattan keeps going FOREVER.

Yeah, I am not very familiar with the area I think all the stuff I have read has probably been pointed at the financial district.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

All this time, I didn’t think you even owned a car Walker with the amount of bus travel you do :)

Ha! Well, a family of four with two small children pretty much necessitates having at least one car. ;) Our second car is the bus.

drew
    drew
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I had no idea that Cafe Bella was open so late… this will be kept in mind.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Lots of good late-night options in this music video. ;)

http://vimeo.com/11778974

How many can you spot?

Leahy255
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Seems like high st has a good nightlife, always seems to have people walking. Downtown is getting better as time going on… Arena district and park street too.

Elizabeth Lessner
    Elizabeth Lessner
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

wimbonimbo wrote >>

We see nice crowds til 2am 7 nights a week at Tip Top and Dirty Frank’s. Lots of folks on the street on Gay and on 4th.

roy
    roy
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

lizless wrote >>

wimbonimbo wrote >>

We see nice crowds til 2am 7 nights a week at Tip Top and Dirty Frank’s. Lots of folks on the street on Gay and on 4th.

I’m downtown all night every night and never get bored.

cyclist II
    cyclist II
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

What do you consider late night? after 10, after 12, after 2, later?

Pedicab rides can be had at 3am or later. I took a couple from Brothers to Siebert and Blackberry last Saturday at 3:00am. The ride back North was pretty quiet though. German Village was sooooooooo scary quiet.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?