Our City Online

Messageboard - TV

The Walking Dead on AMC

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion TV The Walking Dead on AMC

This topic contains 594 replies, has 78 voices, and was last updated by vestanpance vestanpance 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 595 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

I actually enjoyed the latest episode quite a bit. Two interesting stories taking place at the farm and on the road. The dialogue wasn’t as unbearable as it has been. The tension between Rick & Shane came to a boil, and I think it was revealed that both would either kill or abandon the other given the right chance, which isn’t going to end well.

Coremodels
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

So I’m watching Gangster No. 1 today (older English Gangster movie), and can’t quite figure out how I know this freaky, psycho British guy…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8BZl58jfyw

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Rick Grimes, Geoffrey Chaucer and Remus Lupin all in the same movie? Nice.

Is it any good?

Coremodels
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Walker said:
    Rick Grimes, Geoffrey Chaucer and Remus Lupin all in the same movie? Nice.

Is it any good?

I really enjoyed it. Alex from Clockwork Orange and Neil from The Fades are in it too. Over the top violence with some humor, typical of that genre.

Coremodels
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Ugh. Kill off one of the few meaningful characters via stupidity by another annoying one.

ETA: Every time I turn off The Walking Dead and start watching Luck, I’m reminded how weak this show is in so many areas. Luck can build more tension over a conversation than Walking Dead seems to build during the apocalypse.

Jimmy Mak
    Jimmy Mak
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Seriously.

And I can’t believe two of the worst parents ever are about to have another kid.

ricospaz
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I wish a meteor would hit the house and barn.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

ricospaz said:
    I wish a meteor would hit the house and barn.

+1.

This is an utterly horrible show with equally horrible acting…and I can’t stop watching it :(

Only two episodes left I guess? Yay!

DavidF
    DavidF
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I dropped out after the first episode of season 2, and nothing that has been said here has yet to make me regret that decision. It’s a shame, cuz I had high hopes.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

I’ll finish this season, but this episode sealed the deal. Done with this show.

I’d rather pick up the comic books and read them instead.

Pickerington_Kyle
    Pickerington_Kyle
    Login to Send PM

From what I heard, the 3rd season is suppose to be really really good.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Pickerington_Kyle said:
    From what I heard, the 3rd season is suppose to be really really good.

Hrm… I heard that Season 7 is when it turns the corner and starts being good.

Jimmy Mak
    Jimmy Mak
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I heard that they’re gonna fire all the writers from this season, hire back the ones from season 1 but only as consultants to the new writers who were previously writers for “Stuff My Dad Says” (the good episode.)

jbcmh81
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I agree that the first half of this season was slow, but it’s been much better since. I really don’t get all the hate.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

jbcmh81 said:
    I agree that the first half of this season was slow, but it’s been much better since. I really don’t get all the hate.

I don’t mind the slowness. I *love* how slow Breaking Bad is at times. Because overall, it’s properly paced. Proper pacing allows you to appreciate the action sequences, tense character interactions, and other dramatic moments because of the slow build up. Suspense and payoff.

Walking Dead is a train wreck when it comes to pacing. We were plowed head-first through too much plot in season one, and when things screeched to a halt in season two, I was relieved. I expected the dialogue to turn from dictation of plot points into something more meaningful and character building, but obviously the show’s writers were not up for the job. We’ve continued to learn very little about most characters, and have been given few reasons to care about most of them. I can’t empathize with anyone except maybe Glenn, probably because he’s still somewhat the comedic relief (though not very funny, at least he’s not an asshole like everyone else). Meaningful conversations on Walking Dead are few and far between.

I keep comparing (perhaps unfairly) this show to LOST, as they are both about survival. But LOST was a journey of discovery, and well… The Walking Dead is still just about survival, and more so now about failing to survive.

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 595 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?