Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

The return of La Tavola

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion The return of La Tavola

This topic contains 10 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by rus rus 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

derm
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I put a short thing in the Knead thread about this, but for fans of this restaurant it will be returning with a new location in Grandview. It was a perennial top 10 in the Dining guide and I know more than a few folks around this place ate here back in the day. Looking forward to another place I can walk to then walk home after dinner and wine.

groundrules
    groundrules
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

now, if they would just open up a gun range next door we’d be back to normal.

Jman4ever
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

groundrules said:
    now, if they would just open up a gun range next door we’d be back to normal.

this.

Their site selection process lacked.
    First next to the range
    Then in a location that keeps bombing

0Angle
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I’ve greatly enjoyed every one of Rick (and Krista’s) restaurants in which he’s cooked. I can only remember back to Tapatio, then the restaurant in the Great Southern, then the Italian place* before the La Tavolas.
    Such great food.
    Yay for the Lopezes!

*ETA Crescendo.

Alex Silbajoris
    Alex Silbajoris
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Overlooking the Scioto? Let’s take up a collection and buy it for FOSR and have one hell of a kitchen and a view.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Jman4ever said:
    Their site selection process lacked.
    First next to the range

Almost a haiku. ;)

Anti
    Login to Send PM

Good news!

Twixlen
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Nice piece in Crave about this –

http://www.columbuscrave.com/content/stories/2013/08/rick-lopez-reopens-la-tavola.html

Can you tell us about the original restaurant?

It was in Powell, right where the Galaxy Cafe had been, by the shooting range. We were there from ‘99 to 2006, when we moved down to Riverside. La Tavola reflected the neighborhood; it was a hangout for the neighborhood. People would eat there three of four times a week. Everything was homemade. Homemade pasta, risottos, bread. I started getting into curing, doing sausages and pancetta. It was real casual. I remember someone saying that we were a gussied up cement block building. It wasn’t much to look at but everyone loved being there. And that’s what we’re going for in Grandview.

I can’t wait for this. After moving here from Upstate NY, the one food I have missed over and over is great rustic Italian food.

mas917
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Did this place ever open? I was at the Library yesterday and it looked to be almost open/ or open but I haven’t heard a peep about it!

News
    News
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Restaurant Review: La Tavola
    April 9, 2014 8:00 am – Miriam Bowers Abbott

La Tavola has a big, beloved history on the local dining scene. Originally an establishment in Powell, it moved over onto Riverside Drive for a few years. Then, in 2009, it stopped existing altogether while the owners started a restaurant project called Knead down in the Short North

Now in 2014, La Tavola rides again. The restaurant opened in Grandview, off the main stretch, in a modest-looking building on First Avenue.

READ MORE: http://www.columbusunderground.com/restaurant-review-la-tavola-ma1

rus
    rus
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

If you go, try the kale salad and the saltimboca. Great stuff.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?