Our City Online

Messageboard - Columbus Festivals

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The Moonlight Market on Gay Street - 2013 Season

Home Forums Events Columbus Festivals The Moonlight Market on Gay Street – 2013 Season

This topic contains 178 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Walker Evans Walker Evans 4 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 179 total)
  • Author

News
    Participant

Monthly street fair Moonlight Market to bring eclectic vendors to sidewalks of Gay Street
    By Katie Lianez
    Published: Wednesday, April 10, 2013

The spring weather is (seemingly) here to stay just in time for downtown’s newest nightlife offering. The Moonlight Market is slated to kick off its April-September run on Gay Street Saturday and is set to continue on the second Saturday of each month. The market features several local vendors, giving the public options for eating, shopping and interacting.

READ MORE: http://www.thelantern.com/a-e/monthly-street-fair-moonlight-market-to-bring-eclectic-vendors-to-sidewalks-of-gay-street-1.3025171#.UWbw9UI9l_k

ChadM
    Participant

The Gay Street Moonlight Market is tomorrow! Many brick-and-mortar stores will be open all day while 50+ sidewalk vendors (see list earlier in this thread) will join from 6p-11p. Visit http://www.moonlightmarketcolumbus.com for more details.

Parking is no challenge on Gay St.! The garage at 4th and Elm (between the Neighborhood Launch condos and Telhio) will be set for $1/hour!

http://downtowncolumbus.com/home/moving-forward/fourth-elm-parking-garage

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Tonight!

buckette13

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Having a great time thus far! The market continues until 11pm!

mbeaumont
    Participant

We had a great time tonight. Lots of vendors that I haven’t seen at other events and there was a really good crowd there early (7ish). Kudos to all the organizers. Another step for the rebirth of downtown.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Just got home a few minutes ago and had an absolute great time. We were all thrilled with the turnout considering it was our first event and that the weather was a little on the chilly side. All of the vendors and the brick-and-mortars I spoke to were pleased with the amount of foot traffic and business that they did. Was happy to see a lot of the vendors stick around all the way to 11pm as well. Hopefully we can push the crowds to continue to midnight as the weather gets warmer, though I think some were selling out of product and closing up early regardless.

See you all again for this on May 11th!

readysetdisco
    Participant

Vendors-don’t forget to bring some lanterns! It was a great event, and nice to be able to get to some of the businesses we can’t hit during regular business hours (thomas mason).

News
    Participant

Photos: The First Moonlight Market on Gay Street
    Published on April 14, 2013 6:00 pm
    By: Walker

The first ever Moonlight Market event was held last night on Gay Street in Downtown Columbus, and despite chilly weather, attendees turned out to stroll, shop, drink, dine and celebrate the evening under the stars. This new monthly retail bazaar takes place every Second Saturday and features special late night hours for local brick-and-mortar businesses as well many additional street vendors that line the sidewalks.

READ MORE: http://www.columbusunderground.com/photos-the-first-moonlight-market-on-gay-street

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Once again, I just want to give a shout out to all involved with making this happen. The guys at Civitas Now played a huge role in vendor setup: Jay Schmidt, Matt Barnes and Jacob Taylor. The team at Cement Marketing did all of the website material: Alison Momot and Alaina Shearer. Jason Sudy of Side Street Planning helped with the site plan for vendor arrangement and permitting with the City of Columbus. Natalee Brown of Little Ticket Design developed the logo and handled flyers, posters and other print material design. Chad McCoury of J. Gumbo’s was a huge co-organizer of the entire event and handled communication with all brick-and-mortar businesses. And of course a big shout out to the entire Capital Crossroads SID team including Cleve Ricksecker, Adam Schroeder, Kacey Brankamp and Melissa Fast for their knowledge and assistance on Downtown event planning, insurance policies, waivers, and all other sorts of technical type stuff.

The event seemed to exceed everyone’s expectations, and we’ll spend the next week surveying the participants to find out how we can make next month’s event better. Can’t wait! ;)

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Couple extra photos from friends on Facebook. ;)

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

ChadM
    Participant

Thank you Columbus for a wonderful Moonlight Market — a wild success for vendors and brick-and-mortar stores. Shout out to Walker for serving as a wonderful co-chair of the Market.

Vendor applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Prospective vendors can apply online at http://www.moonlightmarketcolumbus.com — if you want to be considered for our May 11 Market, get those apps in soon!

We look forward to seeing everyone on May 11.

derm
    derm
    Participant

What would be the vendor fee if I may ask? My teenager does jewelry, of a different type than what I saw at the Market, and was wondering If we could get a booth. She has done Grandview Hop before. Thanks!

mrpoppinzs

derm said:
    What would be the vendor fee if I may ask? My teenager does jewelry, of a different type than what I saw at the Market, and was wondering If we could get a booth. She has done Grandview Hop before. Thanks!

They posted this somewhere but it is $10 per event. Here are the details:

http://www.moonlightmarketcolumbus.com/vendors/

I think it is neat that she is already involved in sales.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 179 total)

The forum ‘Columbus Festivals’ is closed to new topics and replies.