Our City Online

Messageboard - Shopping

The Hills Market Downtown

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Shopping The Hills Market Downtown

This topic contains 146 replies, has 52 voices, and was last updated by Walker Evans Walker Evans 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 147 total)
  • Author

Beth_G
    Login to Send PM

I am SO excited, can’t wait to go spend my money! I’m looking forward to not having to dash to the North Market before they close or drive serious distances to get quality local meat & produce.

mbeaumont
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Rode by today and it doesn’t look like they’re close to opening anytime soon. I know they were originally hoping for an April open. Looks like they still have quite a way to go. Wonder if they’re running into permit issues?

mbeaumont
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Just read the recent Other Paper article and it looks like they’re estimating late summer now.

cbus11
    cbus11
    Login to Send PM

The Other Paper article is pretty good.

http://www.theotherpaper.com/news/article_568d9fbc-824b-11e1-a156-001a4bcf887a.html

He also knows the shopping habits of his new urban clientele likely will be a bit different than the customers Hills has served for years at its original suburban location on the northwest side.

From the roughly 800 people who have responded to the survey since it launched March 14, Moorhead said she’s learned that Downtown dwellers are more likely to shop between 7 and 10 p.m., make daily trips to the market instead of buying in bulk, purchase organic products and own a dog that prefers dry food.

itinerantfoodie
    itinerantfoodie
    Login to Send PM

surber17
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Great pics!!! super excited for this! If they had a “volunteer” day to help get this thing built quicker sign me up

mbeaumont
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Awesome! Can’t wait!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Nice! Really excited to see visible progress! :D

buckette13
    Login to Send PM

Excited by this and the new GE everyone is talking about. To get to Grant I would still have to drive, are they catering more to the local walking crowd of Neighborhood Launch and downtown condos and offices or will they have additional parking? Is 11,600 feet about the size of the Neil Ave GE?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

There will be parking on site. I imagine they’re catering to anyone and everyone who wants to come spend money. ;)

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Construction!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Some more construction photos (from today):

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Saw this in the Capital Crossroads Special Improvement District newsletter:

Hills Market Downtown Announces Opening Date

The Hills Market has announced a target opening date for their downtown location of October 1.

Pro Se
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

October looks to be a good month with the Hills, Hollywood and Hilton all coming on-line!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Pro Se said:
    October looks to be a good month with the Hills, Hollywood and Hilton all coming on-line!

The “live, work & play” mantra will be replaced by “shop, gamble & sleep” in October. ;)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 147 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?