Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

The Coop / Hey Hey Bar & Grill

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining The Coop / Hey Hey Bar & Grill

This topic contains 14 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by News News 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    News
    News
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Restaurant review: Hey Hey Bar

By G.A. Benton

From the February 21, 2013 edition

If I said Hey Hey Bar was a great place to eat dinner, you’d probably laugh. And you’d be right to — unless you knew that Angela Theado, the talented ex-Alana’s sous chef who used to run an impressive food truck called The Coop, is now in charge of Hey Hey’s kitchen every Thursday through Saturday. This makes for a strange marriage.

READ MORE: http://www.columbusalive.com/content/stories/2013/02/21/restaurant-review-hey-hey-bar.html

buckeye54
    buckeye54
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I must admit I haven’t been to the Hey Hey in a while but it always was the running joke for my friends to ask for the sauerkraut balls that we always heard about but had never actually seen served. It looks like the Hey Hey is stepping up quite a bit from the elusive sauerkraut balls. Hey Hey was always an enjoyable time for me when I went and Pat the bartender was always a super friendly guy.

drew
    drew
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

There might’ve been 25 people there on the Saturday we went, and they only had one server – who also was the bartender. Unsurprisingly, service was very slow (though cheerful and apologetic). I asked if someone called in, and she said no. I guess that’s how they do it there…

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Not surprising. When I first moved to GV, like 12 years ago, Hey Hey was a great breakfast spot actually. Chocolate chip pancakes the size of a dinner plate stacked 5 or 6 high for like 2 bucks, etc. You’d have to watch the bartender take breaks from the grill to pour the 3rd shift steel workers their shots though :D

Rocknrolloutlaws
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I just wanted to point out, I beat the Alive to the punch. My (admittedly brief) blog post about The Coop was published last night! Hahahahahahaha! Scooped!

(Just kidding. But the coincidental timing is amusing.)

The Coop (inside of The Hey Hey)[/url]

0Angle
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

As a long time fan of Angela & The Coop, I’m happy she found such a good fit. BUT I wish she was closer to my neck of the woods. ThaMissus is working on getting her to cater a party, so there is that.

DavidF
    DavidF
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I loved going to the Hey Hey when I lived in the village. Pat is a great guy.

FoodFort
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

drew said:
    There might’ve been 25 people there on the Saturday we went, and they only had one server – who also was the bartender. Unsurprisingly, service was very slow (though cheerful and apologetic). I asked if someone called in, and she said no. I guess that’s how they do it there…

being one of those 25 too – the server/bartender was overwhelmed…..Angie from the Coop kept offering to have to prep guy help out – whioh would have undone the gridlock pretty quickly. Well worth the trip – but it is going to get much more crowded with the press this week.

Patch
    Patch
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

FoodFort said:
    being one of those 25 too – the server/bartender was overwhelmed…..Angie from the Coop kept offering to have to prep guy help out – whioh would have undone the gridlock pretty quickly. Well worth the trip – but it is going to get much more crowded with the press this week.

Who was working? Pat or Callie?

I just can’t imagine Pat serving the food…

FoodFort
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Patch said:
    Who was working? Pat or Callie?

I just can’t imagine Pat serving the food…

Think it was Callie.

0Angle
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Yep, Angela is an awesome caterer. I bet PZ took pictures (hopefully, no pictures of the tipsy 50 year old). So much food and so good. Highly recommended.

News
    News
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

The Coop Now Serving Brunch at The Hey Hey Bar and Grill
    Published on April 20, 2013 8:00 am
    By: Ayana Wilson

Brunch had always been in Angela Theado’s plan when she moved The Coop inside The Hey Hey Bar and Grill last September. See, The Coop’s menu – even the name itself – is inspired by poultry and eggs, which naturally lends itself to the whole concept of brunch. After all, no brunch is complete without an appearance by both, and in the hands of the former Alana’s chef, the tradition is elevated to new heights.

READ MORE: http://www.columbusunderground.com/the-coop-now-serving-brunch-at-the-hey-hey-bar-and-grill-aw1

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Those look dramatically better than the steelworker specials Hey Hey used to serve for breakfast back in the day…

RandomVisitor
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

The food will be good but the real attraction at the Hey Hey is being in the company of Maggie, Sue and Tim. Some of the warmest, most friendly people you will ever hang out with.

News
    News
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Restaurant Review: The Coop at The Hey Hey Bar & Grill
    Published on May 1, 2013 10:00 am
    By: Miriam Bowers Abbott

Hey Hey is nice little neighborhood hangout on Whittier. It’s almost kitch, but not in any deliberate fashion that would inspire eye-rolling nausea.

And now that Hey Hey has teamed up with The Coop, a much beloved local food truck, the establishment is serving a bona fide gourmet menu –distinguished by, among other things, yak meat offerings.

READ MORE: http://www.columbusunderground.com/brunch-review-coop-at-the-hey-hey-bar-grill-ma1

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?