Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

600 Goodale - News & Updates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development 600 Goodale – News & Updates

This topic contains 150 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by News News 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 151 total)
  • Author
    News
    News
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

At Work: Modern and sleek space in the Short North
    At Work — By Anne Evans on August 15, 2012 at 8:30 am

It took a little time, but Brett Kaufman found a great office space for his business, Kaufman Development, and he found it just where he wanted to be – in the Short North.

“I had looked all over downtown,” says Kaufman. His company had previously been at Easton but was outgrowing the space.

“The Short North has a lot of convenience and energy and fits in with who we are and the kind of people we are working with,” he says. “It’s a fun, good fit for us.”

Kaufman Development currently has two apartment projects, The Gramercy at New Albany which is taking applicants, and 600 Goodale which is under construction.

READ MORE: http://www.themetropreneur.com/columbus/at-work-modern-and-sleek-space-in-the-short-north/

surber17
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

surber17
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Also a better view of the Harrison West Rail Trail:

https://twitter.com/myurbanhood/status/236126075095244800/photo/1/large

columbusmike
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Even better view…err, map:

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

bkaufman
    Login to Send PM

Thanks to everyone for your interest in our project and sorry for being delayed to join the conversation.

We are aware of the location and believe that a quality product with the proper emphasis will do very well, located in between Grandview and the Arena District. In other words, this will not be a typical apartment living experience, this building will look and function in a unique and more meaningful way! Although I’m sure there were other product type options for the site, our group is focused on building developments of high design with an incredibly strong sense of community in locations exactly like this. We specifically emphasize, wellness, philanthropy, sustainability and innovation through local partnerships, programs and events going on daily to bring our vision for work and life to communities.

We will be happy to share the exciting bike path extension ODOT and City of Columbus are building on Goodale as we see the final design. We know this will make both areas more bike-able and connected. We also are available anytime to answer any questions or concerns.

Don’t hesitate to reach out to me directly. Brett@kaufmandev.com

Thanks again, Brett

futureman
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

bkaufman said:

We will be happy to share the exciting bike path extension ODOT and City of Columbus are building on Goodale as we see the final design. We know this will make both areas more bike-able and connected. We also are available anytime to answer any questions or concerns.

If you could share the information about the bike path extension I’d appreciate it. All I know so far is that it is using the abandoned railroad bridge, and might connect to olentangy bike trail. Given the height difference between Goodale and the trail, this would be no simple task.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Going up!

surber17
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

lots of progress, walls are getting framed in now:

https://twitter.com/myurbanhood/status/247760014209597440/photo/1/large

surber17
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Harrison West Rail Trail is open and ready to ride on:

https://twitter.com/myurbanhood/status/248499335522836481/photo/1/large

Also, I talked to someone about future trail improvements in that area and a lot are coming in the next 12 months!!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

That seemed awfully fast! ;)

Pablo
    Pablo
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

That’s a good use of an abandoned RR bridge! Is the trail going to cross Goodale and continue south along the RR to the Arena District?

surber17
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

@Pablo, I didn’t hear anything about that, but that would be a great way to get to the arena district. Not sure who owns that land.

mrpoppinzs
    Login to Send PM

surber17 said:
    Harrison West Rail Trail is open and ready to ride on:

https://twitter.com/myurbanhood/status/248499335522836481/photo/1/large

Also, I talked to someone about future trail improvements in that area and a lot are coming in the next 12 months!!

Is there a map showing where it is and where it goes? thanks

bkaufman
    Login to Send PM

Thanks for the updates, everyone. So far we know that the trail will run in front of 600 Goodale and extend over the Olentangy river, connecting the existing path going north to OSU, south to Downtown and west to Grandview. Construction will begin in early 2013. We hope to share ODOT and city plans as soon as they’re complete and made available.

Construction on 600 Goodale is moving along. We’ve begun framing on the north end, as pictured below.

-Brett Kaufman (brett@kaufmandev.com)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 151 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?