Our City Online

Messageboard - Music

The DJBC Happy Hour Radio Show on WCRS in 2013

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Music The DJBC Happy Hour Radio Show on WCRS in 2013

This topic contains 14 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  BCNation 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

BCNation
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

The first full year of The DJBC Happy Hour on WCRS is winding down, and 2013 will have another slate of programs on Monday nights.

DECEMBER:

Tonight- All-New Show

Next Monday- All-New Show

New Year’s Eve- 2012 Wrap-Up, Part 1 (Biggest Headlines and Newsmakers of 2012)

JANUARY:

7th- 2012 Wrap-Up, Part 2 (Columbus’s Bicentennial, plus the In-Show Awards)

14th- Awards Corner on The DJBC Happy Hour (Golden Globes Recap, Guild [SAG/Directors/Writers/Producers] Awards, Oscar Nomination Preview])

21st & 28th- Listener’s Choice*

*- Originally, only the 21st was going to be a repeat, and the 28th a Sports-Themed show geared on the NHL All-Star Game and a preview of the Super Bowl. When the All-Star Game was cancelled, I decided to scrap that whole show altogether. Listeners will choose which two-part show will be re-aired on those two weeks.

FEBRUARY

4th & 11th- Valentine’s Day Music (a 2-part show)

18th- Oscar Preview

25th- Oscar Recap

MARCH

4th- Music Show targeted around National Women’s Month

11th- Lawrence Welk-themed show (March 11 is Lawrence Welk’s birthday, that’s why)

18th- Repeat

25th- Repeat

April 1- All-New Show (not an April Fool’s Joke, but there will be plenty that night)

The DJBC Happy Hour airs on Monday nights at 8PM on WCRS-FM, Columbus’s one and only community radio station, which broadcasts at 102.1 and 98.3 FM. WCRS-FM is a broadcast service of The Neighborhood Network.

BCNation
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

BCNation said:
    JANUARY:
    14th- Awards Corner on The DJBC Happy Hour (Golden Globes Recap, Guild [SAG/Directors/Writers/Producers] Awards, Oscar Nomination Preview])

When I uploaded tonight’s show, I forgot to make room for the Razzie nods, which are equally important, considering that Twilight will sweep the Razzies this year (knock on wood): http://www.wcrsfm.org/content/golden-globesoscar-nomination-recap-2013 (includes a link to the mini-Oscar nomination preview podcast with analysis of the Razzie nominations).

BCNation
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I’m not sure I put this in the right grouping, because there is no clear category for Radio on CU.

Monday’s show is an encore of the March 4 show.

Looking Ahead to Quarter # 2:
    (The NEW Shows)
    April 1- (A Surprise that is so secret, even I can’t reveal it to you)
    April 15- Two-Year Anniversary Show (Which will be mostly greatest hits since last Summer, the great moments from the show)
    April 29- The Art of Schmoozing
    May 6 & 13- Songs from 1983 (2-part show)
    May 20- Networking 104 (Like the show on Facebook, and if the page surpasses 100 likes, I will reveal what the specific theme will be beforehand)
    June 3- New Show, but there will be NO set theme or topic
    June 17- The Birthday Show 3.0

Looking Ahead:
    July 1- July 4th Show
    July 8- The Bryan Award Nominations

DJBC Happy Hour Classic:
    April 8- Networking 102: The DJ’s Cut (featuring new bonus material)
    April 22- Hal David/Andy Williams/Marvin Hamlisch
    May 27- The Ghosts of Columbus Past: The DJ’s Cut (and YES, the title of that show was taken from a CU Thread)
    June 10- Birthday Rock Anthem
    June 24- July 4th Show from 2012

BCNation
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

The DJBC Happy Hour 2013 State of the Show Address

It’s (The State of the Show Address) not that long, because there is a size limit (which this podcast almost got to) on Tumblr. But, this was cut from tonight’s show due to time, because of the Clip Highlights, which there were more, but given my schedule, I slapped the clips of the show all together with some of the best of the last year.

But, there will be a surprise theme in store for the winter.

Next week, is another DJBC Happy Hour Encore/The DJ’s Cut (songs composed/conducted by the late composer/conductor Marvin Hamlisch, songs with words penned by the late lyricist Hal David, and songs made famous by the late singer Andy Williams), so I have more time to work on the next two themed shows for the three weeks that follow.

BCNation
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

BCNation said:

Looking Ahead:
    July 1- July 4th Show
    July 8- The Bryan Award Nominations

Those are set in stone, pretty much. July 1 is the last Monday before July 4

JULY (basically Summer)
    July 15- Still TBA
    July 22- No set theme – strictly speaking, but there will be a recap of the Emmy Nominations
    July 29- Christmas in July III, the last new show (of the DJBC Happy Hour) until September 16 (The Bryan Awards will air in the show’s timeslot from August 19 to Labor Day; it’s three hours long, and I will put out more details as the weeks get closer)

DJBC Happy Hour Classic:
    May 27- The Ghosts of Columbus Past: The DJ’s Cut (and YES, the title of that show was taken from [url=http://www.columbusunderground.com/forums/topic/the-ghosts-of-columbus-past]HERE!!!![/url])
    June 10- Birthday Rock Anthem
    June 24- July 4th Show from 2012

I might switch June 10 and 17 around, depending on my mood, and how fast I can get the Birthday 3.0 show done in the first week of June. If I can’t by the end of the first full week of June, then the two weeks will stay as put.

Summer DJBC Happy Hour Classic:
    August 5 & 12- 1983 (which will air, once again on May 6 & 13, respectively. The May 6 show will repeat on August 5 and the May 13 show on August 12, both with some minor edits to the repeat versions)
    September 9- I’m not going to pick this one until probably after the Bryan Awards (August 19, 26, and Sept. 2) start airing; The same goes for the fall lineup (except the last two weeks of November, which are Networking 106 [11/18] and Thanksgiving & OSU/Michigan Preview [11/25])

BCNation
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Sometimes, there are things that are (a) too time sensitive, or (b) no room to fit into the show, like these:
    Tony Award Nominations Recap

Daytime Emmy Nominations Recap

And next Monday, at the end of the show, there will be trivia (without giving it away, but it has to do with Columbus).

BCNation
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I tried to make this quiz very easy for people…

Perhaps a little too easy. This was the quiz verbatim from tonight’s show.

1983: Part 1 of 2

BCNation
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

The June 3rd show has no theme, but will preview the upcoming Daytime Emmy Awards and Tony Awards, and some of the local festivals during what I call “the peak of Festival Season”.

After much tinkering, I have decided to leave June 10 and 17 as is. June 10 will be a repeat, and June 17 a new show, not the other way around. I think it’s better off that way for me personally.

June 24 is a repeat, so I can get the July 4th show done by July 1, with ComFest happening the ensuing weekend (June 28-30), and so I can also get the Bryan Award nomination list done by July 1.

BCNation
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Better late to post this than never, but Pandora has opened her box.

^^ Based on an episode or two (or three) here and there, with all the running around I do.

Next week’s show: “The Best of Bicentennial Minute”, I’m cramming all 15 “Bicentennial Minute” shorts (2-4 minutes each) that I produced last year into a full hour.

BCNation
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Monday’s show is the “Christmas in July” show, the Summer Finale* of The DJBC Happy Hour. I also came up with things not found in July that can ONLY be found AFTER Thanksgiving.

*- The term “Summer Finale” is being used, because it’s the last show as “The DJBC Happy Hour” for the rest of the summer. There will be repeats for two weeks before the Bryan Awards Ceremony commences on August 19 (for three weeks; one hour each week) in The DJBC Happy Hour’s time slot. The DJBC Happy Hour will be back as The DJBC Happy Hour on September 16.

BCNation
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Bryan Award Pre-Show Appetizers

The Fall Lineup will be revealed in early September. Some key dates:
    - November 25: Thanksgiving/Ohio State-Michigan Show
    - September 23: LIVE Post-Emmy Awards Show
    - October 14: Halloween Preview (was going to be the 21st, but some communities have Halloween-themed events the weekend before)
    - December 9 & 23: Confirmed Christmas-themed shows (December 2 will be a holiday-themed repeat, due to Thanksgiving and the Michigan/Ohio State Game)
    - September 9: Another DJBC Happy Hour Encore

BCNation
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

BCNation said:
    Bryan Award Pre-Show Appetizers

- September 9: Another DJBC Happy Hour Encore

Because of technical difficulties involving the WCRS Automation System, Part 1 of the Awards Ceremony did NOT air last night. As a result, the September 9 “Encore” show is NOT going to happen, to make up for the lost week.

In the mean time, the first hour is already up on the WCRS Website, but if you don’t want to be spoiled until next Monday,
    You can play along at home and guess who’s going to win.

BCNation
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Scheduling update:
    - This Monday is a repeat and the Emmy Award Recap will be on Sept. 30
    - October 21 & 28 will be Disco

BCNation
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I am compiling Halloween events for next week’s Halloween The DJBC Happy Hour. If there are any interesting events in your community (as long as it’s in Franklin County) that you want included, shoot me a PM by 4PM this Friday (10/11/13).

—————————————————————-

Programming Note (Should the show be on the air next summer):
    Because of the Emmy Awards being one month early next year, the last two weeks of August will be the Emmy Awards Preview/Recap, respectively. The Bryan Awards next year will only be two weeks, instead of three (and will be the first two weeks of August. There will be no Bryan Award Nomination Special next year, as well.

BCNation
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

The Holiday Preview is November 4, and will re-air the following week(, because I was considering doing a new show on 11/11, but because of the two weeks that follow, I thought that it would be beneficial to have a bye week). A list of the events that are mentioned will be available on http://djbcadventures.tumblr.com, in case you are caught without a pen or iPad.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?