Our City Online

Messageboard - Nightlife

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The Daily Growler

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Nightlife The Daily Growler

This topic contains 110 replies, has 33 voices, and was last updated by Walker Evans Walker Evans 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 111 total)
  • Author

Mister Shifter
    Participant

The place has been open less than a week. Talk about nit-picking.

ricospaz
    Participant

Mister Shifter said:
    The place has been open less than a week. Talk about nit-picking.

Agreed. I’m really pumped about this place. Not far from my house either.

Thanks to everyone who has helped to speak for The Daily Growler while I have been working unable to post. Mister Shifter was indeed correct, everyday we feature a Daily Growler at a special low rate and we make sure to highlight this by displaying it in an orange box. Not that there is anything wrong with the post-it note, it’s a fantastic use of paper and adhesive.

I understand The Daily Growler won’t be able to please everyone, but I do think that our list is varied enough that anyone should be able to find something great to drink. Before I was a bar(/growler fillery) owner I was a bar patron, and I know I would be pretty excited to see a line up like what we have.

I am very open to suggestions on what to carry. I had several posts on our facebook page from people wanting Weasel Boy; tomorrow we will tapping our first WB keg tomorrow.

More than anything we just want to bring fresh craft beer to the people of Columbus. We have been open 4 days and are far from perfection, but we are doing our best with a smile on our faces and I think that counts for something.

Happy Holidays,

John

Matt Boyd
    Participant

growlerczar said:
    Thanks to everyone who has helped to speak for The Daily Growler while I have been working unable to post. Mister Shifter was indeed correct, everyday we feature a Daily Growler at a special low rate and we make sure to highlight this by displaying it in an orange box. Not that there is anything wrong with the post-it note, it’s a fantastic use of paper and adhesive.

I understand The Daily Growler won’t be able to please everyone, but I do think that our list is varied enough that anyone should be able to find something great to drink. Before I was a bar(/growler fillery) owner I was a bar patron, and I know I would be pretty excited to see a line up like what we have.

I am very open to suggestions on what to carry. I had several posts on our facebook page from people wanting Weasel Boy; tomorrow we will tapping our first WB keg tomorrow.

More than anything we just want to bring fresh craft beer to the people of Columbus. We have been open 4 days and are far from perfection, but we are doing our best with a smile on our faces and I think that counts for something.

Happy Holidays,

John

well done sir

kmg67
    Participant

Looking forward to trying this place out very soon!

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Too soon to ask for another location out East somewhere? :)

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

The red rye was fun, and the CBC winter warmer awaits in the fridge.

I think I’ll be trying a lot of the 5-oz tasters just to sample my way around that list.

groundrules
    Participant

alexs said:

I think I’ll be trying a lot of the 5-oz tasters just to sample my way around that list.

oh man, didn’t know that was an option. sounds totally awesome. let’s see…
    5 oz x 60 = 2.3 gallons… okay, so it’ll take me a trip or two.

Porky
    Porky
    Participant

lightweight :)

AlanBarber
    Participant

Snarf said:
    Too soon to ask for another location out East somewhere? :)

No way, you east side folks already have a ton of great options for food and drink.

I would want them to focus on growing at a single location, so they could justify adding say another 40 or so taps :)

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

groundrules said:
    oh man, didn’t know that was an option. sounds totally awesome. let’s see…
    5 oz x 60 = 2.3 gallons… okay, so it’ll take me a trip or two.

Dude. I didn’t notice the tasting option at first either…I had growler blindness I guess. I vote we pack up the family truckster and Zee German and head over for a field trip end of next week sometime when I’m back in town.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

I vote for a CU meet up soon.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

Mister Shifter said:

I would attend this.

Matt Boyd
    Participant

Mister Shifter said:

+1

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

When I was there yesterday I was wondering how many people were on CU. John, I had the black messenger bag that carries two growlers.

We need some sort of CU member marker, like wearing mardi gras beads or something.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 111 total)

The forum ‘Nightlife’ is closed to new topics and replies.