Our City Online

Messageboard - Nightlife

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The Daily Growler

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Nightlife The Daily Growler

This topic contains 110 replies, has 33 voices, and was last updated by Walker Evans Walker Evans 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 111 total)
  • Author

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Stopped in today on my way home from work and got to meet John. The list of beers was quite impressive and varied, from both brewery and style perspectives.

I bought a starter pack, as well as an extra growler so I could swap out more easily. I went with two beers I knew that my wife would also enjoy. She’s a big fan of Shiner’s Holiday Cheer, it’s easy to drink with lots of peach and pecan notes. I went with another seasonal, 21st Amendment’s Fireside Chat, heavy on the spices and winter seasonal flavor.

I wanted to stay and enjoy their happy hour pricing on pints but I was in a hurry, and had some business to attend to at home, but I plan on stopping back later in the week to sit down and stay a bit longer.

I think the place is a fantastic addition to Columbus’ ever growing craft beer market, and I really wish them the best. John seems like a great guy, so if you love craft brews please spread the word and help them succeed.

Two pints up.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Happy Hour 7 days a week – 50% off Pints, 25% of 5oz. tasters and $1 off growler fills

Current lineup:

Matt Boyd
    Participant

Best Buy on that line-up….a growler of Stone Arrogant Bastard for $11. That’s killer.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Or $10 during happy hour. Very solid indeed!

Porky
    Porky
    Participant

I dunno CBC’s Bohdi for $10 that’s pretty awesome too!
    Thanks for posting Mister.

Graybeak
    Participant

The post it note over the electronic sign seems classy.

ricospaz
    Participant

Graybeak said:
    The post it note over the electronic sign seems classy.

Opening pains. go drink a beer!

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

need more sixpoint!

other then that… awesome.

Fsonicsmith
    Participant

“the post it note over the electronic sign seems classy.”

Snarky comment of the day.

Thanks for the great post-I was wondering what is among the 60 offerings. I fully sympathize with the owner that he can’t get the really hard-to-get-stuff until he establishes a history of sales, but I still can’t help finding the list a bit underwhelming. All the usual suspects though there are a couple I have not seen before, numbers 52 and 53 among them.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

That’s not a post-it note[/b]. The daily growler special is highlighted in orange on the screen.

groundrules
    Participant

7 bucks for burning river. i’m having a super hard time figuring out while i’m still at this desk.

Matt Boyd
    Participant

Leaving town for the holidays and won’t have time to finish a growler before I go. Will definitely be stopping in as soon as I get back into town.

meltsintowonder
    Participant

FSonicSmith said:
    “the post it note over the electronic sign seems classy.”

Snarky comment of the day.

Thanks for the great post-I was wondering what is among the 60 offerings. I fully sympathize with the owner that he can’t get the really hard-to-get-stuff until he establishes a history of sales, but I still can’t help finding the list a bit underwhelming. All the usual suspects though there are a couple I have not seen before, numbers 52 and 53 among them.

Aren’t they all usual suspects or more rare and difficult to get?

As far as American craft brew, a pretty wide offering with a great happy hour and super reasonable growler prices.

Fsonicsmith
    Participant

“Aren’t they all usual suspects or more rare and difficult to get? “

I don’t follow your syntax. So not being sure what you are trying to ask, I will take a stab at the thin air and respond that no, there are no really hard-to-get beers on that list. There are many beers that are in such high demand and low distribution that they disappear quickly. Quick easy examples are North Peak stuff and Fat Head’s Head Hunter, but there are tons of others and beer aficianados pretty much keep tabs on what’s out there and where they can get it and when.

meltsintowonder
    Participant

Yes, I think you understood me. I’m just saying that the beer is either easy to get or more difficult, and their lineup has some quality beers that aren’t as difficult to get. I never see Head Hunter on draft and this place will need to be open a number of months before they can get the rarities on draft.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 111 total)

The forum ‘Nightlife’ is closed to new topics and replies.