Our City Online

Messageboard - Nightlife

The Daily Growler

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Nightlife The Daily Growler

This topic contains 110 replies, has 33 voices, and was last updated by Walker Evans Walker Evans 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 111 total)
  • Author

Soaktree
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Noticed a new sign today at the shopping center on the corner of Fishinger and Riverside Dr….just down from Big Fat Greek Kuzina….for a place called “The Daily Growler”. Looking it up on facebook, it appears to be a Beer haven! Not sure if it’s a place to drink or just fill growlers, but 60+ taps is more than impressive.

http://www.facebook.com/TheDailyGrowler

Anyone have more info on it?

Mister Shifter
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

WOAH.

lifeontwowheels
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Are they the ones doing a growler starter kit?

zp945
    zp945
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I really like this idea but I wonder if there are enough people buying growlers to cover operating expenses at such a low margin. I’m sure I will check it out and I wish them well. Craft beer just keeps booming.

Mister Shifter
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Dying to see a list of what’s available.

InnerCore
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I was looking for some inexpensive gifts for friends when I’m in town for the holidays, the $29 starter kit looks like it will fit the bill.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

this looks awesome

ricospaz
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Great gift idea! I saw this place yesterday and wondered if it was beer or pets or a newspaper….

growlerczar
    Login to Send PM

Hello,

My name is John W. Blakely and I will taking care of the day to day operations at The Daily Growler. First, thanks to everyone for their interest in our place. I can’t tell you how excited I am to have it open and it’s good to see I’m not alone. A little about us…

The Daily Growler will be a celebration of fresh craft beers. When we open (which will be very soon) we will have 60 beers on draft, all available for on-site enjoyment or to take home in one of our glass Growlers. We’ve made a commitment to ourselves and to our customers to serve only the best and freshest beer available, with a focus on local and regional microbreweries. Each day we will feature a different beer significantly discounted in a Daily Growler to go along with our daily (including weekends) happy hour.

We have our final final inspection scheduled for tomorrow and HOPE to do some soft opening events late this week and be officially open to the public next week. Our beer will be trickling in throughout this week, but here’s what we have in our cooler right now:

Rogue – John John Juniper
    Iron Fist – Spice and Desist
    Brooklyn – Sorachi Ace & Blast Ale
    4 String – Big Star White IPA & Brass Knuckle
    Bitburger – Premium Pils
    Victory – Hop Wallop & Ranch Double IPA
    21st Amendment – Fireside Chat
    Stillwater Artisinal – As Follows
    Thirsty Dog – 12 dogs of Christmas
    Shiner – Cheer
    Ommegang – Hennipen

If anyone has any questions feel free to call me 614-571-9059 or shoot me an email john.w.blakely@thedailygrowler.com.

Cheers,

John
    Growler Czar

Mister Shifter
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Thanks for the info!!

Porky
    Porky
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Good Luck John!
    Can we request brews to have on tap?

growlerczar
    Login to Send PM

Absolutely! We will always listen to the requests of our customers and do our best to carry the beers they crave.

Misplaced
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Can customers bring their own growlers in to fill or do they need to buy one at the store? Best of luck with your business – very cool idea!

lifeontwowheels
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Another great example of how to properly introduce yourself and your business. Welcome!

Matt Boyd
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I am loving this. Especially since it’s not more than 15 minutes from my house depending on traffic. 60 taps is even better.

I know it can be hard to come by, but as a “request”….anything from Three Floyds would be awesome…expecially Zombie Dust or whatever the latest monthly release happens to be. Plus, it generally proves to be beer that will not sit around for too long.

I can’t wait to check the place out.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 111 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?