Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

The Broadwin Condos - Updates & News

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development The Broadwin Condos – Updates & News

This topic contains 81 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by ilovethiscity ilovethiscity 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 82 total)
  • Author
    Columbuzz
    Columbuzz
    Login to Send PM

joshua wrote This is a strange one. When I went through them along time ago there were just a handful unsold? What happened?

Generally the “sold” units are the units the developer is holding back. They do it for a few reasons, but one of them is so that they can create a demand.

So it’s not really a handful of unsold units but a handful of available units.

rave_til_dawn
    Login to Send PM

ZPIZZA wrote It takes time to build a 41.5 acre neighborhood. It takes time to clear it, clean it, and build all the pieces you don’t see like water, sewer, and electric lines.

This seems to be the same excuse they’ve used for the last 6 years. Although they say they are “working” still, it’s not visable at the project site. :roll:

Mercurius
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Also, in this market we have chosen to protect our buyers and not do speculative building. Jeffrey Place is not a single multi-family building like most other Columbus projects. It is an urban subdivision. There will be no lease options, or us moving from owner occupied condos to rentals—that ruins buyers equity and makes resale difficult. We are selling first and then building.

I am happy with this honest response from Sara. I think if they had Sara, instead of the original people marketing the b.s. about unknown finishes not mattering and it being about “the lifestyle” both projects would be nearing completion. Thank you.

zp945
    zp945
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I just drove by Jeffrey Place and they have one lane of 4th closed, they have taken down the advertising and appear to be getting the site ready to start construction on the North Block. Maybe we will see some progress this spring after all.

dru
    dru
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

ZPIZZA wrote I just drove by Jeffrey Place and they have one lane of 4th closed, they have taken down the advertising and appear to be getting the site ready to start construction on the North Block. Maybe we will see some progress this spring after all.

zp945
    zp945
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

lol. That could be true. I was just cleaning out my email and found one from Joe Rechie dated mid 2006 saying the retail portion would be open spring 2007, so I understand people not believe what they hear.

dru
    dru
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

ZPIZZA wrote lol. That could be true. I was just cleaning out my email and found one from Joe Rechie dated mid 2006 saying the retail portion would be open spring 2007, so I understand people not believe what they hear.

that’s just it. i was excited when I got literature on this project at the Italian Fest in ’00 or ’01. But it has become a saga of one missed date after another. a long timeline is one thing, misinformation is another. when I went to buy, i completely dismissed this project because of years of sales persons telling me about launch dates, foundations being poured, units rising, etc… that simply never happened. in the end i brought elsewhere in the IV and am no longer considering purchasing there, so I don’t feel they owe me any real answer when i ask. but i hope Sara is finally setting realistic expectations. they need to understand that many of their potential buyers have been lost. meanwhile on the western end of 1st, the old AC Humko site continues to be built and sold signs are in the yards of the single family units.

at the end of the day i am still hopeful. if the plan comes together, they will have brought Columbus a great thing and i will ultimately thank them.

ilovethiscity
    ilovethiscity
    Login to Send PM

or sell it to someone else. Nationwide anyone?

Columbusite
    Login to Send PM

I was thinking about that myself. Surely there are other developers who would find actually getting this built rather attractive, right? Does that ever happen?

ilovethiscity
    ilovethiscity
    Login to Send PM

and alas, I drove by The Broadwin on Sunday and the place looks deserted.

Mercurius
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

ilovethiscity wrote and alas, I drove by The Broadwin on Sunday and the place looks deserted.

Yep, still does

Mercurius wrote
    Sales are great. Our eco-friendly project, the North Block, is moving forward on site work this month and we will start vertical build in early May. These are modular construction so the first phase will be up in early summer with homeowners moved in just in time to plant some summer flowers.

Our loft building will also be completed and move in ready at this time.

We will be seeding our larger parks so they will be green by the end of May and everyone in the neighborhood will have a place to throw a Frisbee, walk their dogs, or just hang out on some grass (a big commodity in the area). tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock. End of May, no buildings, no greenspace

zp945
    zp945
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I was just thinking about this the other day. Looks like another missed timeline. Unless the weeds growing count as a park.

dru
    dru
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

ZPIZZA wrote

Sales are great. Our eco-friendly project, the North Block, is moving forward on site work this month and we will start vertical build in early May. These are modular construction so the first phase will be up in early summer with homeowners moved in just in time to plant some summer flowers.

Our loft building will also be completed and move in ready at this time.

We will be seeding our larger parks so they will be green by the end of May and everyone in the neighborhood will have a place to throw a Frisbee, walk their dogs, or just hang out on some grass (a big commodity in the area).

Best regards,

Sara Smith”

It is now June –

1. Vertical Build of the North Block? No

2. Loft Building occupied? No

3. Parks seeded? there does seem to be some grass in the center of the project. this could be planned, or perhaps just spring.

I am actually disappointed that this project is on the City Hop tour again. They participated last year and sold people the same lines about build dates and project completions – which have never came to fruition.

Mercurius
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I was doing some sleuthing trying to find what’s up and came across this:

http://columbus.bizjournals.com/columbus/stories/2008/01/14/tidbits1.html?page=1

Can we just hand this land over to Liz Lessner? Seriously, when does she sleep? Does Liz have super powers?

Betty’s

Tip Top

Surly Girl

Dirty Frank’s

Ohioana’s All-Star Market

And now this?

Go Ninja, Go Ninja, GO!

Columbusite
    Login to Send PM

I don’t know if a restaurant in the middle of a dirt field would be the best move for her. Or it could just be seen as secluded and whimsical. :lol:

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 82 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?