Our City Online

Messageboard - Shopping

Thanks for the cheap shot, Nationwide

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Shopping Thanks for the cheap shot, Nationwide

This topic contains 104 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by thecandlelab thecandlelab 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 106 total)
  • Author
    thecandlelab
    thecandlelab
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

So…a friend who happens to be a Nationwide employee, who passed on a photo of a coaster that Nationwide put out to promote their mutual funds. They have taken an image of our candle with our logo/label on it, removed the text, and dropped in new text. I try to not to be too sensitive about this stuff, but this is so clearly a rip-off of our logo and trademark and a shot at our scented candles that its hard not to be pissed. Its not too much to expect that one Columbus-based big company wouldn’t steal a likeness and take a cheap shot at a small Columbus-based company.

Pretty lame….

579213_10150777373599854_44810849853_9230704_1471447992_n.jpg

Buster Bluth
    Buster Bluth
    Login to Send PM

Wow. That’s wrong.

kmg67
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I work at Nationwide and those coasters are all over the place…cafeteria, conference rooms etc…

thecandlelab
    thecandlelab
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

That’s fantastic. Two different people emailed us about it. Its hard to image someone thought that was going to go unnoticed…or unaddressed.

turnedNOTburned
    Login to Send PM

How many shitty paper coasters could I buy with $5? I mean, pick on a small hometown business? Really?

mrpoppinzs
    Login to Send PM

I have seen them. It actually reminded me to drop by the SN Candle Lab yesterday and pick up some stuff for Mother’s Day.

groundrules
    groundrules
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

man, how much $ would it take to get a lawyer to fire off a cease and desist letter? trademarks is trademarks…

kit444
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

thecandlelab said:
    That’s fantastic. Two different people emailed us about it. Its hard to image someone thought that was going to go unnoticed…or unaddressed.

Keep all the customer emails you get. They make for great evidence in a trademark claim.

thecandlelab
    thecandlelab
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

@mrpoppinzs – perhaps this was all part of our sneaky guerrilla marketing campaign. I guess it worked!

joev
    joev
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

That’s just mean-spirited.

mrpoppinzs
    Login to Send PM

thecandlelab said:
    @mrpoppinzs – perhaps this was all part of our sneaky guerrilla marketing campaign. I guess it worked!

:)

it did indeed!

pedex
    Login to Send PM

who does the ad work for nationwide?

MichaelC
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Candle Lab shopping mob starting…now.

turnedNOTburned
    Login to Send PM

MichaelC said:
    Candle Lab shopping mob starting…now.

Seriously. Time for us to show you some love.

BTW, thanks for the community support Candlelab. It has not gone unnoticed. (Search CU for Candle lab, there are several examples of generous fundraising initiatives)

catnfiddle
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Please, please tell me your images are copyrighted.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 106 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?