Our City Online

Messageboard - Q&A

Taking my mother to get her first tattoo (help me!)

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Q&A Taking my mother to get her first tattoo (help me!)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by JacobTaylor0 JacobTaylor0 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    JacobTaylor0
    JacobTaylor0
    Login to Send PM

For my mothers swiftly approaching birthday, she has decided she wants a tattoo. She isn’t much of the tattoo type, but has always wanted one. I don’t have any tattoos and neither does anyone else in the immediate family.

Where would be the best shop to take her? Quality and reputation trump everything here (including price). My mother is choosing something simple – flower or butterfly I believe.

Thanks for all of your help!

…I also wouldn’t mind any horror stories to help in my selection process.

racheltb
    Login to Send PM

My mom got her first (and only) tattoo for her 40th birthday at Evolved on campus. They’re a reputable shop, very clean and good at relaxing people who aren’t familiar with tattoos.

I go to Julie at High Street Tattoo. Her work is OUTSTANDING and you pay for it.

Yeti22
    Yeti22
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I 2nd Evolved for quality and reputation.
    Church did my work.

My wife had one of her tats done somewhere east of campus and it is terrible. It can’t be covered and it is sometimes visable. Don’t try someone just because they cut you a deal.

Chicken
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

JacobTaylor0 said:
    My mother is choosing something simple – flower or butterfly I believe.

My advice would be to encourage your mom to pick something more meaningful for her first tattoo.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Chicken said:
    My advice would be to encourage your mom to pick something more meaningful for her first tattoo.

fine, a dolphin it is.

awd86ed
    awd86ed
    Login to Send PM

^^ haha my mother’s first and only tattoo.

Mister Shifter
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

The Skyview billiards room has a few guys that do solid work. Ask for T-Bone.

Briana Henry
    Briana Henry
    Login to Send PM

I really like High Street Tattoo as it was the first shop I went to get a tattoo. I also recommend Stained Skin. Both are on High Street and offer movies to watch so you can take your mind off of the pain :)

JacobTaylor0
    JacobTaylor0
    Login to Send PM

Chicken said:

She is incorporating her mother’s name into the piece as well.

JacobTaylor0
    JacobTaylor0
    Login to Send PM

Thank you all for the sound recommendations!

ausgezeichnet
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Short North Tattoo does a fabulous job too!

AmyD
    AmyD
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I love Jack at Fate. One of the reasons is his friendly demeanor. The tattoo is fantastic, of course, but I also felt like he wanted me to have a tattoo that I really wanted, rather than a tattoo that he wanted to give me. It was an easy collaboration and I never felt stupid because my tattoo was corny or whatever. I know, I’m an adult and if I’m getting a tattoo, I shouldn’t worry about that. But if you have ever sat in that chair at a shop, you probably know what I mean.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?