Our City Online

Messageboard - Live Music Events

Summer Concerts PLEASE

Home Forums Events Live Music Events Summer Concerts PLEASE

This topic contains 17 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by j mcclane j mcclane 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    j mcclane
    j mcclane
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Dear Good Bands –

Please come to Columbus this summer. Buy into some of the hype that we are an awesome up-and-coming city and will support a stop on your tour. I mean, The Black Keys sold out the LC last year and dudes were scalping tickets for like 150. 4x face value? That puts us on par with NYC, right? Right? Anyways, I’m really hoping the Ohio State Fair doesn’t pull in the biggest acts again.

Thanks,

McClane

berdawn
    Login to Send PM

Well, since they have the O’Jays AND Loretta Lynn, it’s going to be hard beat the Fair. (especially if one considers there are exotic chickens, a giant slide, and the skyride)

blammo
    blammo
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I believe the Fair is bringing Meatloaf to town this year. That makes it a must-see in my book.

Twixlen
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

berdawn wrote >>
    Well, since they have the O’Jays AND Loretta Lynn, it’s going to be hard beat the Fair. (especially if one considers there are exotic chickens, a giant slide, and the skyride)

Seriously, Loretta Lynn? I might hafta secure a ticket to that one!

Also in agreement about the chickens, and the people watching cannot be beat.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

DLDude
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

There already some decent bands rolling to town. Avett Brothers in May.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM
    j mcclane
    j mcclane
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Yea Nelsonville definitely sorta counts, especially this year, which is why I’m cautiously optimistic about more summer announcements. Really looking forward to this festival.

On the other hand, and don’t get me wrong cuz I will definitely be seeing Meatloaf, but the Fair ribbing was just a shot at the has-beens we always get every year around Aug 1. I need my face melted.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

j mcclane wrote >>
    On the other hand, and don’t get me wrong cuz I will definitely be seeing Meatloaf, but the Fair ribbing was just a shot at the has-beens we always get every year around Aug 1. I need my face melted.

You mean like Weezer and Devo last year? ;)

http://www.columbusunderground.com/weezer-devo-babyface-added-to-ohio-state-fair

JazzFestAllNite
    JazzFestAllNite
    Login to Send PM

Not a well known act around here but this band is outstanding. Big Sam’s Funky Nation from NOLA, three CBus dates, check them out:

Jul 20, 2011 TBA Easton Town Series Easton, OH
    Jul 22, 2011 TBA Columbus Jazz and Rib Fest Columbus, OH
    Jul 24, 2011 TBA Sundays at Scioto Dublin, OH

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

somebuckeye
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I would like for Dweezil Zappa to come back again.

rdkujawa
    Login to Send PM

Check out Florida’s hottest jamband Cope in Columbus for 2 nights – March 10 @ Ruby Tuesday and March 11 @ Scarlet and Grey. Cope is taking the live music scene by storm righ now. They played a late night set at Bear Creek Music Fest last November and blew the crowd’s minds. Their sound is very welcoming and professional. They are a 4 piece with a twist – guitaris Dennis Stadelman also plays electric banjo and keyboardist Juan Montero also plays a mean sax! Check them out at http://www.therealcope.com and listen to a recent live recording at:

http://www.archive.org/details/COPE2011-01-28.matrix.flac16

Liner Notes
    Liner Notes
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Not technically in the summer, but PromoWest is hosting Steve Miller w/Gregg Allman on April 22nd. And the very next night they have The Decemberists. Less than three weeks later is Social Distortion. Not bad. But I know what you mean j mcclane, it seems some really good headliners tend to hit the House of Blues or Blossom in Cleveland and never make it here.

NotaryOne
    NotaryOne
    Login to Send PM

Hey hey, it’s The Monkees! At LTC June 24.

The group actually is a significant part of rock history, and Boyce & Hart were one of the best songwriting teams of the day.

Also hoping for another Alice Cooper visit this year.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

The forum ‘Live Music Events’ is closed to new topics and replies.