Our City Online

Messageboard - Video Games

Steam Video Game Sales

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Video Games Steam Video Game Sales

This topic contains 53 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by FireEngine FireEngine 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)
  • Author

Coremodels
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

HUGE sale on Steam. Just picked up GTA IV plus the Episodes from Liberty City add on for 15 bucks total.

LA Noire is 5 bucks, Specops The Line is 10 (and really good, btw), Saints Row The Third plus all DLC for 7 bucks…crazy.

Coremodels
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Look for Arkham City, GOTY to be added in a couple hours for like 7 or 8 bucks it seems. I’m a buyer for sure.

Mister Shifter
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Bought Hotline Miami. Had most of the other deals already.

Great deals on The Walking Dead and Orcs Must Die 2.

ricospaz
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I got Hotline Miami, Dead Lights so far. More to come I’m sure!

gramarye
    gramarye
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

On a related note, there are post-holiday sales on much older games going on at Good Old Games:

http://www.gog.com/

I recently picked up Master of Orion I and II for $3 (total … they came as a pack) and Caesar III for another $3. And their games are DRM-free so installation on multiple computers is no issue. (I actually own MOO2 on the original Win95 CD, but it wasn’t installing or running properly on Vista and the GOG version does.)

I also just picked up Civ5 and its main expansion for $20 total on that Steam sale.

I think I’m good for games for a while. I’ve got a lot of playability left in Skyrim (and I haven’t even gotten the DLCs for that), I have my new GOG haul, Civ5 now, and yes, I’m still playing HOMM3 from 1999. I haven’t found a turn-based strategy game before or since that I think compares, including HOMM5 (I never played 4). We’ll see how Civ5 stacks up.

Mister Shifter
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

gramarye said:
    On a related note, there are post-holiday sales on much older games going on at Good Old Games:

http://www.gog.com/

I recently picked up Master of Orion I and II for $3 (total … they came as a pack) and Caesar III for another $3. And their games are DRM-free so installation on multiple computers is no issue. (I actually own MOO2 on the original Win95 CD, but it wasn’t installing or running properly on Vista and the GOG version does.)

I also just picked up Civ5 and its main expansion for $20 total on that Steam sale.

I think I’m good for games for a while. I’ve got a lot of playability left in Skyrim (and I haven’t even gotten the DLCs for that), I have my new GOG haul, Civ5 now, and yes, I’m still playing HOMM3 from 1999. I haven’t found a turn-based strategy game before or since that I think compares, including HOMM5 (I never played 4). We’ll see how Civ5 stacks up.

Have you played XCOM: Enemy Unknown yet? I’m not even a big turn based strategy fan and it got me hooked immediately.

gramarye
    gramarye
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I haven’t. I actually saw a Steam package that included a lot of games with XCOM in their title (it also included Civ5, which was what I was really after), but I didn’t check it out. Like I said, I don’t exactly lack for gaming options at the moment: In addition to all the PC games I mentioned above, I also have board game nights at least three times a month, some with a pretty hardcore board gaming crowd.

Mister Shifter
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

There’s only one recent XCOM (Enemy Unknown), no expansions yet. The last XCOM came out over 10 years ago.

Enemy Unknown is ridiculously good and on the top of many game of the year lists for 2012.

Coremodels
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Agreed gram, if I could pick one game for you that’d probably be it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uHHmTSDCvA

gramarye
    gramarye
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

The package deal:

Buy 2K Collection

Includes 12 items: X-COM: Terror From the Deep, X-COM: Apocalypse, BioShock™, X-COM: Interceptor, X-COM: UFO Defense, X-COM: Enforcer, Sid Meier’s Civilization® V, Borderlands, Borderlands 2, Spec Ops: The Line, The Darkness II, XCOM: Enemy Unknown

$90 for the package. Probably a pretty good value, though if those are mostly older games, maybe not so much. Enemy Unknown by itself is $38, though, and Civ5 was $12 + $8 for the DLC (which apparently isn’t in the pack). I’ve heard decent things about Bioshock, too, but never played. Might check out Enemy Unknown at some point, though.

Mister Shifter
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Those X-COM games are ancient, like 1995 old. Enemy Unknown is what you want. Damn, what a game. Worth every penny of $38.

Coremodels
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

If for some reason any RPG/Star Wars fans haven’t played Knights of the Old Republic 1 and/or 2…they’re 2.49 each right now.

kafktastic
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I’ve heard the old x-com games are well worth playing. I was thinking about picking them up a year ago. Not many turn based tactical combat games out there. I think what shape shifter is saying is, hurry up and play the last one so he can talk to you about it :)

Coremodels
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Walking Dead is half off…12 bucks. Buy it.

Mister Shifter
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Seriously.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?