Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

Starbucks Closes for the Day - In Columbus and Around the US

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Starbucks Closes for the Day – In Columbus and Around the US

This topic contains 36 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Twixlen 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Walker said:
    Have you ever stood in a line at a Starbucks? Everyone is ordering something incredibly complex and everything takes five minutes to make.

Starbucks is often the last place I’d recommend if you want something quick.

The one in Bexley is pretty quick, but still the girls in sweatpants with $900 purses texting the girl she’s standing next too is too much for me to handle, much worse than the line.

I like getting a double shot at the one at Macy’s though. Get all amped up for shopping.

rus
    rus
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Walker said:
    Have you ever stood in a line at a Starbucks any coffee shop? Everyone is ordering something incredibly complex and everything takes five minutes to make.

FTFY.

John McCollum
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I’ve read elsewhere that Starbucks is converting some of its locations to debranded, covert retail concepts. Could be interesting if any of that is happening here.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

rus said:
    FTFY.

Yeah, the key to quickness any coffee shop is going at off-peak hours. I’ve seen lines 20 people deep at both Brioso and Starbucks Downtown at 10 minutes until 8am and 10 minutes until 9am. If you go 10 minutes after the top of the hour though, both places have died back down.

Personally, I’m a fan of these things, and they take 10 seconds to buy:

But the maple latte at Brioso trumps any of the fancy pants drinks at Starbucks any day of the week. ;)

JAL
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Walker said:
    Our airport? There’s a Cup o’ Joe there. ;)

The Starbucks in the B Concourse at Port Columbus is open today– just passed by.

Twixlen
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I love those double-shot cans! They are part of my distance-car-travel routine.

Also – I’m sad my title is gone. The word “hinky” is underused and made me super happy.

Jason Lemon Lyman
    Jason Lemon Lyman
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Walker said:
    Our airport? There’s a Cup o’ Joe there. ;)

There IS a cup o’ joe there, but it is OUTSIDE of the security check. So if you want a cup of coffee to take on the plane or while waiting at the gate, SBUX is the option on all concourses.

erikadenise
    Login to Send PM

Cafe Brioso: Today’s brews come from Colombia, Ethiopia, Costa Rica & Mexico- Drink global while supporting local :)

firecrackers
    firecrackers
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Twixlen said:

Also – I’m sad my title is gone. The word “hinky” is underused and made me super happy.

At least it’s still in the address bar…

melikecheese
    melikecheese
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Snarf said:
    Because you like a quick coffee and don’t care if it’s in season costa rican independent roasted fair trade organic coffee?

More like don’t care if the answer to, how do you make your iced coffee is “um we get something in a package”. No joke, that was their answer, I asked if they had Toddy and they looked at me like I was nuts.

melikecheese
    melikecheese
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

According to the Morse Rd manager, they are open, internet is nuts, they have no idea what everyone is all crazy about.

bayrea
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

melikecheese said:
    More like don’t care if the answer to, how do you make your iced coffee is “um we get something in a package”. No joke, that was their answer, I asked if they had Toddy and they looked at me like I was nuts.

see this thread

Graybeak
    Graybeak
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

bayrea said:
    see this thread

Oh Snap!

Twixlen
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

bayrea said:
    see this thread

Ha! I was thinking myself of the overlap… hilarious.

Twixlen
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

melikecheese said:
    According to the Morse Rd manager, they are open, internet is nuts, they have no idea what everyone is all crazy about.

Bunches of sources talking about the something water filtration-system related… that Starbucks that have older systems aren’t impacted, which is why some would be open, and others closed.

It’s still weird, weird.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?