Our City Online

Messageboard - Film

Star Wars Episode VII

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Film Star Wars Episode VII

This topic contains 114 replies, has 31 voices, and was last updated by Coy Coy 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 115 total)
  • Author
    vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

paktinat said:

I hope so. I love me some kingdom hearts

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

BreakfastwithNick said:
    When I see good directors handling big franchises, like Joss Whedon with Avengers or Sam Mendes with the upcoming Skyfall, it gives me hope that a good director/screenwriter could create some super awesome Star Wars.

Which begs the question… who should direct Star Wars 7? ;)

groundrules
    groundrules
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

nerd outrage all over the internet is approaching Error 37 level.

Jman4ever
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Walker said:
    Which begs the question… who should direct Star Wars 7? ;)

Robert Rodriguez?
    I think he has the right blend of happy fun kids movie and fantasy type stuff under his belt.

If they were more mature type movies… Christopher Nolan would be choice A.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Interesting… in all the hullabaloo about Star Wars 7, the these thoughts didn’t cross my mind until a blog post at joystiq mentioned it:

• This merger also includes the rights to Indiana Jones (and Red Tails, Willow and Howard the Duck if anyone cares)

• This merger also includes the rights to the LucasArts video game division, which mostly just makes endless Star Wars video games these days, but once upon a time held a magic spot in all PC gamers hearts with their adventure games such as Sam & Max, Grim Fandango, Maniac Mansion & Day of the Tentacle, Monkey Island, Full Throttle and a few others. A couple of these games have either recently been re-released (via Steam and the like) or revived through new episodic formats (Sam & Max via Telltale Games). Perhaps this could mean renewed interest in these series for mobile gaming platforms? I’d certainly be interested in buying the sequel to Day of the Tentacle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HaYZsc66Bk

bastardsuperstar
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

There’s already speculation talk of an Indy/national treasure crossover, and even before the buyout there was a desire for an Indy/pirates of the Caribbean but I can’t see either of these happening anytime soon. But as a reboot after Ford passes . . . well . . .

As far as Lucasarts goes, NOBODY in the game industry is feeling positive about the buyout. Expect a lot more kinect: star wars and a lot less monkey island. And shovelwear movie property tie-ins, lots of tie-ins. Sad, because new life and a barrel full of money could really fuel someone with a “let’s make Lucasarts the gold-standard” attitude, but Disney isn’t going to put that guy in charge.

Saddest of all is dark horse comics. They’ve done AMAZING books in the universe, always treated it with the utmost respect, and are going to be dropped the day the current contract expires. And marvel is going to be forced by Disney to crank out profit-driven lowest common denominator mass appeal books, rather than trying to elevate them to the worthy-of-cannon quality stories with characters unfamiliar to casual audiences that dark horse has been doing (and that honestly marvel could do as well, if Disney weren’t over their shoulder.) It’s the biggest “caught in the wake” tragedy in all of this. And I’m even a marvel fanboy. . .

Coremodels
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

EA took a lot of the publishing rights out of LucasArts a long time ago anyway, as far as games are concerned. Disney’s said their focus is all on mobile games, getting away from consoles, but they’d farm out the rights to developers to make games as opportunity presented itself.

Most importantly to me, they’re leaving 1313 alone for now at least.

Schoolboy
    Schoolboy
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Peter Jackson would be choice for director.

He would give it the dark quality needed that was missing with the last 3.

News
    News
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

November 1, 2012 at 1:00 PM
    That $4 Billion George Lucas Is Getting From Disney? He’s Giving it to Education

With the news that George Lucas is selling Lucasfilm to Disney for a reported $4.05 billion, there’s been plenty of speculation over who will write and direct Star Wars: Episode VII and what Lucas, who owns 100 percent of Lucasfilm, will do with all that cash. Will Jar Jar Binks return? No plans for the film have been shared, but a spokesperson for Lucasfilm told The Hollywood Reporter that most of the money will go toward an education foundation.

READ MORE: http://www.good.is/posts/that-4-billion-george-lucas-is-getting-from-disney-he-s-giving-it-to-education/

Jman4ever
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Schoolboy said:
    Peter Jackson would be choice for director.

He would give it the dark quality needed that was missing with the last 3.

Not a bad choice. He is pretty good at keeping the cannon so to say. (ignore King Kong remake though)

But I just saw a headline that Matt Vaughn is rumored for the part. Kind of meh IMO. I did not see Layer Cake. Kick Ass was OK as was X Men First Class.

Coremodels
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I really liked Kick Ass and First Class…I thought Layer Cake was unwatchable. First Class would be the closest comparison I suppose, as it was taking an existing movie franchise and rebooting it, and by that standard I thought he did extremely well.

geoyui
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Jman4ever
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

And apparently a writer has been contracted.

The guy (Michael Arndt) who wrote Toy Story 3 gets to do episode 7.

Coremodels
    Participant
    Login to Send PM
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 115 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?