Our City Online

Messageboard - Video Games

spore

This topic contains 22 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by vestanpance vestanpance 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

anyone?

CaD
    CaD
    Login to Send PM

character creator is fun

game is going to rock

sign me up

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

again… anyone? first impression reviews from a CU’er?

Roland
    Roland
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I picked up the game during lunch today. I can’t wait to make some weird species.

Maybe I can make a living, breathing, white castle slider.

joev
    joev
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

All I can think of is how lame Sim Earth was in like 1994. This looks way cool, though.

honavery
    Login to Send PM

Read some pretty mixed reviews on this.

some dude in clintonville
    Login to Send PM

I’m on the fence about it. Some reviewers are saying it can get damn tedious at times. But I have a friend who got it who says that once you get to the final stage (space colonization) the game suddenly expands into biblical proportions. He told what me what he saw, and my jaw just sort of fell as he kept speaking.

He said, “once I got out to space, I zoomed out a little bit and could see some stars, and orbiting each of those stars were planets at differing amounts of distance from the star (for realism, some planets are in the “life zone,” like earth, and some aren’t). Then I zoomed out some more and saw a big group of stars, almost like an arm. Then I zoomed out all the way and saw the whole freaking galaxy, FILLED with stars (ZOMG), all of them having planets.”

And what’s crazy is that I think there’s more than one galaxy. And you can explore all of it. Fucking crazy.

Hael
    Hael
    Login to Send PM

I read a review that said he got bored fairly quick. Basically the game is good for about 4 hours of play. Your results may vary.

Roland
    Roland
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

OMG… It’s full of stars!

I only got a chance to play for 15 minutes so far but I had fun. I made an herbivore. In the beginning stages, you collect food and bump into other organisms. Some big thing came by and ate my organism. Not good.

The scum pond, or where it is ever you start off, looks really cool. The scale of everything around you changes as other organisms have grown or are growing. There’s a lot of cool visuals as you grow.

So far so good.

Roland
    Roland
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Well. I finally left the scum pond… in the game at least! I gave my creations some gams…

shmack
    shmack
    Login to Send PM

Roland wrote

omg! what a cutie pie! i wanna play too! is it pc only?

Roland
    Roland
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

The game plays on Mac as well.

Andrew Hall
    Andrew Hall
    Login to Send PM

Meet Quill-nobby!

A.

rave_til_dawn
    Login to Send PM

So has the DRM I’ve read about factored into anyones purchase?

Roland
    Roland
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

rave_til_dawn wrote So has the DRM I’ve read about factored into anyones purchase?

I guess not… too busy having fun to notice anything. What are you referring to?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?