Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

Solay Bistro

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Solay Bistro

This topic contains 24 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Chris Sunami Chris Sunami 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

heresthecasey
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

The restaurant and food look great, but since when is Columbus Square considered “near campus?”

joev
    joev
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

heresthecasey said:
    The restaurant and food look great, but since when is Columbus Square considered “near campus?”

Her first venture was near campus, not Solay.

Graybeak
    Graybeak
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

To be fair, the article does not indicate that there have been multiple businesses.
    —-
    She started a small café near campus. A year after she opened, Abdiraminam came to ECDI. Through our programs, she was able to receive the capitalization and one-on-one assistance she needed to expand her business.
    Solay Bistro is arguably one the best ethnic food eateries in Columbus. The restaurant has been featured in many local publications, is a staple of Columbus Food Adventures, and was even mentioned in a USA Today article about great eats in Columbus.

DavidF
    DavidF
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

$275 a week for someone to give you raw foods? People are not smart.

rus
    rus
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

DavidF said:

But it’s cleansing*.

* as in you’ll poop out a wicker swing set

Chris Sunami
    Chris Sunami
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

DavidF said:

I don’t know a whole lot about the raw foods movement, but I assume there’s a lot more to it than just chopping a few carrots. It’s basically a form of cooking without the heat.

I think there’s also more to the cleanse than just the food, although I can’t say that for sure.

rus
    rus
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

ChrisSunami said:

I think there’s also more to the cleanse than just the food, although I can’t say that for sure.

http://www.columbusunderground.com/forums/topic/nunnally-v-ganahl-battle-of-the-columbus-weather-heavyweights/page/5#post-472620

DavidF
    DavidF
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

ChrisSunami said:
    I don’t know a whole lot about the raw foods movement, but I assume there’s a lot more to it than just chopping a few carrots. It’s basically a form of cooking without the heat.

The restaurant sounds wonderful, but the raw food stuff is right up there with homeopaths and colonics in my book. Very little reason to do it, much less pay an exorbitant amount of money to someone else to do it to me.

Chris Sunami
    Chris Sunami
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

DavidF said:
    The restaurant sounds wonderful, but the raw food stuff is right up there with homeopaths and colonics in my book. Very little reason to do it, much less pay an exorbitant amount of money to someone else to do it to me.

It’s not my thing either but I thought I’d pass it along. And you should definitely check out the restaurant if you haven’t made it there yet. For a vegan raw food fan, Nadira sure cooks a mean piece of goat!

DavidF
    DavidF
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

ChrisSunami said:
    It’s not my thing either but I thought I’d pass it along. And you should definitely check out the restaurant if you haven’t made it there yet. For a vegan raw food fan, Nadira sure cooks a mean piece of goat!

I really do need to try this place out. Sorry if I sounded overly harsh about the side business.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?